All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesroad tripplenty of hot waterstaff was friendlyhot breakfastcoffee makerwould stay here againparking lottexas hill countrydeskmicrowavecleanlinessmotorcycletxmattress
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Everything was exceptional. I have had some TERRIBLE experiences with Days Inn, but this one was just awesome! Everything was clean and the staff was decent.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Out-n-About-Erin
Reviewed February 15, 2011

After reading some of the reviews I was skeptical about staying here, but I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean, comfortable and suited our needs. Parking was adequate. Continental breakfast was fine (muffins, pastries, waffles, toast, ceral, juice, milk and coffee). If you want a hot breakfast you won't get it here and you have to go early or you won't get any, but we weren't there for breakfast. For the price; we will defintely stay here again when visiting the Hill Country.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed here during a Hill Country Ramble scenic tour I took alone. Initially, due to reviews on this website, I was sceptical. However, it was not bad. My room was $38.64(that included tax!). Yes, the parking lot is small. There was plenty of room for my rental SUV to fit. Very quiet and you can't beat the price, which was AAA online rental. Hope this helps

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank lokemalia
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I called several other hotels in area, trying to find a decent hotel that allowed two small pets without being unreasonable.

Nowadays they say pets are allowed, with a 10-20 dollar non-refundable pet deposit per dog, and you cannot leave pet alone in the room. So I asked what if I walk to a restuarant nearby, and they said NO, the pet cannot be left in the room.

Anyway, my guy and I were at a Days Inn in another town, and we liked it. Didn't have the dogs at that time.

So I called and asked Jayne at the Days Inn if there was a restaurant nearby. She said there is a Luby's across the street. I don't like Lub's, but if desperate I will go.

I told Jayne I am driving a pick-up pulling a trailer, and I want easy parking. She said Sure! We have easy parking, just on the right side when you pull in.

So, arrive there, and spent 15 minutes trying to back into one spot right at the drive-way entrance. Gave up, and asked Jayne where else I could park, and there was no place.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE! JAYNE WILL LIE LIE LIE LIE.

Found out from someone else the Luby's has been closed for 6 months. Jayne goes: "Oh? I didn't know that!" No cars in the parking lot you can see from the entrance, and the sign said they were closed, go to their other location in such-n-such a town.

Ended up going to La Quinta Inn two businesses down. No pet fee, beautiful rooms, lotsa of room for easy parking - pull-through parking for long rigs. Loved it!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank yup2469
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I realize this motel probably has some age on it, but it really needs extra loving care. It was great to have a refrigerator and microwave oven in the room. However, it would have been nice to have working light bulbs in ALL of the lamps. The towels were scratchy and ultra thin. The bathroom was decent, nothing spectacular, but clean. The bed was comfortable. I do wish motel chains would get washable bedspreads. It just seemed icky, somehow. The carpet needed a good scrubbing or replacement, especially around the refrigerator.

Free parking was available, although the lot got very crowded. There's a Luby's Cafeteria across the street with decent food, very convenient since the motel doesn't have a restaurant. I didn't try the complimentary continental breakfast offered every morning, so can't comment on it.

The free internet access was non-existent. My room was two rooms from the lobby, so it was convenient when I locked myself out in my pajamas. They were nice about giving me an extra keycard (twice!). On the first morning, I stepped out of my door to get pictures of the gorgeous hills in the distance when the door slammed shut behind me.

There are many other motels and hotels along that street, so there are many other choices, probably better than this Days Inn. There is a nice Holiday Inn Express just a few blocks closer to the Interstate 10, plus many other chains. It's a great location, close to the Interstate and close to Kerrville business district, but not too close.

I doubt I'll be staying here again, even though it wasn't the worst motel I've ever seen, it wasn't as nice as it could be. They do need to invest in nicer bath towels. It felt it was a bit overpriced for the condition.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo