Clipper House Inn
$70
QualityInn
$139
TripAdvisor
All reviewsflying cloudcakebottle of wineromance cottagemy husband and iget awayclear creek winerybed and breakfastwithin walking distancegarden areakemah boardwalkfresh fruitone of a kindbanana breadcelebrating our anniversarygrape vinesmorning coffee
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife loves staying right on the water but I took a chance on these cottages from the pictures I saw at the Clipper House website. Well, my wife loved the location as it was in primary walking distance of the boardwalk and several others retail / business establishments. She and I both loved the antique decor in the cottage and touring the D'Vine Winery that is on the same grounds and is also owned by the same family. Barbara, the innkeeper, was so nice and helpful with all her information on the B&B as well as the winery. The cottage we stayed in was perfect and it was originally built in the 1930's. My wife really loved it when she also saw that they had given us a bottle of wine to celebrate her birthday and that the label on the wine bottle noted her name, birthday etc. That was a nice touch!

Room Tip: Each cottage has a name of a clipper ship and ours was the The Rodoutable. Ours was perfect for two people. There are only 7 cottages so I would check to see if others would be more suitable for a family or multiple couples.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Golfnuttt
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Clipper House Inn was perfect for our wedding. Its seriously a magical place. My husbands family lives in Kentucky and up north and my family lives in Texas. They have never met before. I wanted us to have a place we could all get to know each other before the wedding. This place was perfect. The cottages were sooooooo coool and uniquely different from each other. We all stayed in our own little cottages and in the mornings we would meet in the middle courtyard and have coffee and chat in the pretty scenery around us. Barbara the owner of the Clipper House Inn was soo nice! She put fresh flowers out around the cottages and decorated the gazebo for our wedding. Then on the wedding day we all got ready in our cottages and we had our ceremony under the gazebo. We had our reception at the Clear Creek Winery behind the cottages that they also own and make their own wine. Coco catered our delicious dinner and even made a vegetarian dish for my husband. Dee made our cake and this cake was made with wine in it and it was soo moist and good. I sent her a picture of the cake we were inspired by and the color and they made it soooooo pretty! I want a piece right now. The cottages have a surround sound system around the gazebo we got married under. we all danced under it and in the courtyard. At night the place is all lit up with lights around trees and on the gazebo. My family said this was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been too. We want to go back for our anniversaries to come. This was truly a fairy tale wedding and it was all soooo perfect! :) Thank you Barbara and Coco and Dee and all you help!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CaseyShelman
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went here for our first anniversary and was extremely happy. Great location and value! We will be back someday soon! The winery is well worth the visit and be sure to buy plenty. We are out after two weeks and already wishing we had more to drink!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DMLeBlanc
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location, cottages are beautiful, service superior! The inner keeper is so nice and outgoing she makes you feel right at home. There is not one thing left undone from the roses, bubble bath, personal wine bottle to the chocolate cake. The fruit basket and homemade break is awesome, you will love your stay so much you will not want to leave!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My Title pretty much says it all. Barbara & her husband Jerry were the nicest, most accomidating people I have run in to in quite some time. There are a lot of people that could learn from these fine folks. From the moment we arrived they couldnt have been more helpful and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. We stayed in The Flying Cloud cottage which was just as advertised, and comfortable, and like home away from home. Walking distance from the Boardwalk and the Lighthouse District (shopping and dining). The music from the Restaurant/Bar next door (Go-N-Loco) was an added bonus for us because they were playing 80's music the whole night (until 11 Sat. Night), from R&B to Classic Rock to Country. We even found ourselves dancing on the back/front porch. This is a must stay when in Kemah and look forward to coming again. Thanks again Barbara & Jerry

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple