“Poorly Organized”
Review of Kemah RV Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kemah
Kemah RV Resort
Cochin, Canada
“Poorly Organized”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stopped at this park on the way from Galveston. The person in charge had no idea if any sites were available she had to drive around to check even though they had a computer progam. Some people were just pulling in and marking the site with a lawn chair without registering.Lots of long term oil workers staying there and one person that was there told us since the new owners took over it wasn;t be kept up. The sites did not look like the pictures on the website.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carol W

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stay here often. Kemah is overpriced,so for the money it is a great deal. Beautiful property. Not sure about complaints on this site. I always take my son. He loves it. He's two years old. He plays all over the park. The people who live there full time love kids. I live in Houston and have many options of places to stay. I often choose this park. There are some cheaper and there are some fancier. I often choose this one. It's not on the beach. It is very close though. There is a Galveston county park around the corner with water access. I explore san leon when I'm there as well. Super cool fishing community. Very down to earth. Please don't go to this park if you need to have your grapes peeled for you. I don't wish to camp by you, and you won't be satisfied with your stay.......the spots are small f you tow a giant behemoth trailer. My popup is probably smaller than most of your slideouts. I have plenty of space. Don't bring your bloated house on wheels and you'll have some elbow room. It is for camping anyway.

• Stayed July 2012
Alvin, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This campground advertised their amenities falsely and disappointed my family terribly. We wanted a family Thanksgiving trip in the outdoors where the kids could fish and swim. They advertised 2 stocked fishing ponds and a heated pool. When we arrived the pool was cold and the ponds were dried up.
We understand that situations happen, but we would have like to have been informed in advance. We did specifically tell the office when we called for reservations that out kids were looking forward to swimming and fishing! They did not mention a thing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Dena F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We lived in Kemah Rv Resort for 3 years and all of a sudden we get a letter saying they don't EXCEPT children over AGE 5 starting Sept 1st 2010. When you enter Kemah Rv Resort online and it says they Don't EXCEPT children under 5 So Which Is It? Did we get lied to and had to move for nothing. Kemah Rv you need to know your own information on your park before you inter it into the computer. Unless your making up stories. If you have Children I wouldn't recommend this park to Anyone.

• Stayed June 2010
4 Thank txrv2010
inmyrv
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Management response from Katie Brown, KRVR
(Management representative)
Jan 20, 2010
Kemah Rv Resort has always maintained a family friendly environment. On the speeding, if the manager sees anyone speeding in the park, they are immedately requested to slow down and adhere to the speed limits. On the other comment about a "call-girl" knocking on the door-this was brought to the managers attention and was addressed. Immediately following the hurricane, our park filled up quickly, and one of the hurricane assist workers appearantly met a woman and invited her to his home. The woman mistakenly went to the wrong trailer. The manager confronted the worker and made it perfectly clear that this type of behavior was not permitted at the park. She was not a prostitute, by the way.

i wanted to take the time to tell everyone how you lie..for one this is not a family friendly park you are a liar, everyone got a notice that you nolonger allow kids to stay monthly over the age of 4..and the hurricane workers that you speak about was from Dallas, TX and when i talked to them about what had happend , they had said that they called her from craigslist.. i had to tell her pimp to leave from sitting in my front yard waiting on her.it had cost one of the guys $120 and the other man had payed $60 so yes you lied again..as far as the speeders i had to confront people because the office would not....the owners wife came through the park speeding and a lady was in the office and told the manager hey tell that person top slow down,,she told the lady oh nothing i can do it was the owners wife...tell more lies to good people just so you can try and make this a park that its not..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank rvingInmyrv
Gilbert
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Stayed there for extended duration, park/mgt. were great. Resident in new area hired to assist with park mgt. had wife who drank a little to much and stuck her nose in other people's business. Her dog bite spouse on her lip, was appalled that we asked for some assistance with medical bill. A real fluesy, would not stay again unless she was ejected or reported missing. Otherwise, management was the best we have seen, kept us constantly informed during hurricane of 09. Park is clean, friendly staff and well managed otherwise.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank gilbert71336
Orange, TX
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Kemah RV Resort for about 4 months. My husband was working in the area. I was very pleased with the paved parking spots and having actual grass to walk on. The laundry facilites were always clean and the machines in good working order. I enjoyed walking through the campground. It is large enough to get in a mile in two rounds. The best thing of all was watching the mallard ducks hatch their chicks around the large pond. It was wonderful to see just outside my front door. Everyone I met was very friendly. They also had wireless internet which helped a lot with our expenses. I would highly recommend the Kemah RV Resort to anyone traveling in that area or that needed to stay a lengthy amount of time. I was always treated like one of the family by the Brooks that were the managers.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank cydk731
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites

Been to Kemah RV Resort? Share your experiences!