“Good Pizza, Terrible Service.”
Review of Pizza Oven

Pizza Oven
Ranked #48 of 73 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Pizza
Someplace
“Good Pizza, Terrible Service.”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Some friends and I were planning a fun trip to Kemah and the beach. We were really looking forward to dinner, but this place...bit of a disappointment. The place was really small and a little dingy, but I can look past that. What bothers me is the unfriendly staff. There was no friendly greeting and considering we were the only ones in the restaurant at first, they should make an effort! No one asked how our meal was even though there was only 1 other group with us. The food tasted pretty good considering it was a hot day at the beach, but one of my friends complained that the cheese tasted funny. I was very eager to leave and if someone change the staff I think it would be a more memorable experience.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank DisneyLover28

Houston, Texas
“Worst Service Ever - May 28, 2011”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I have never reviewed a restaurant before but would hate to see someone else go through our experience. We went to The Pizza Oven in Kemah today and had our worst experience ever in a restaurant. We went to the restaurant with several friends. Our friends ordered several pizzas and my wife and I decided that we wanted a hot Italian sub sandwich. Our friend’s pizza was ready after about 10 minutes. After our friend’s pizza was ready a lady came to our table and asked if it was our pizza, we said that we did not know the order number because our friend had gone to the bathroom and he would be back in a few moments. She immediately copped an attitude with us and gave us a “pffft” and said that she needed to deliver the pizza. I told her that there is nothing we can really do because he was in the bathroom and he had the ticket (he had paid for their pizza order). She eventually sat the pizzas on our table and when our friend came back he confirmed that it was indeed his pizza.

Well after about 15 more minutes, my wife took our ticket up to the counter and asked about the status of our sandwich. She was told that they would check on it. After another ten (10) minutes (now about 35 minutes after the order) she went back up to the counter and asked about the status again. Had the restaurant been busy, I would have understood the delay but the restaurant only had about 5 tables being occupied at the time. At this time, the same lady said, “hey lady, we have a “special process” that we have to perform for the sandwiches and we will call your number when it is ready.” My wife came back to the table asking us what type of “special process” the lady could possibly be talking about. Approximately 5 minutes later they called our number (at this time, we were 40 minutes into the meal and our friends had long finished). What we received was an ice cold sandwich that was simply a cut cold hoagie bun with onions, tomatoes, ham and some salami. I immediately went up to the counter with the sandwich to confirm that it was supposed to be a hot sandwich and also asked about the “special process” that they went through for the sandwich. At this point there was no way that I was going to eat that sandwich and simply wanted my $9+ dollars back that they charged me for it.

The gentleman with the patch over his eye stared at it and said are you sure it’s “cold.” I told him to touch it and test for himself. A female cook in the back came up and basically said, “ooops, its cold.” I got my refund and left. Based upon my opinion I would never go back to this place. The employees are obnoxious and the food is overpriced and of low standards. This place should be avoided.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank Travelingalot0013
Richmond
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

This restaurant is great!!! The pizza is really good and they offer fast service. Good price for what you get.

1 Thank Flichi
Houston
“Its cool if u want pizza”
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Its a different type of pizza for sure. U can customize your toppings, etc. Its all around a good pizza, better than Dominoes, and competitive with Pizza Hut, i guess. Its an italian pizza with the taste to match. Cant really compare it to anything else. It gets 2 thumbs up! I'd go back!