“Great meal with friends”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alfred, Maine
“Great meal with friends”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stopped here on our visit to the board walk and had a great time, the staff was fun and friendly and the food was great. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. It is not a quiet out of the way place, you can hear the screams from the roller coaster from the restaurant. But hat just adds to the charm of the the board walk, there is a lot you can do and even more to eat on this stop of the trip. We were very happy to have found this location and we will be coming back next time we are in town.

• Visited April 2013

Greer, South Carolina
“I know it's a chain restaurant, but was tasty anyway”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Decided to give it a try, even though it is a chain restaurant. Had to wait 15 mins.....but, was well worth the wait,! Service was great! All employees polite and enthusiastic! Get a table by the window...the view is amazing. Food was surprisingly good and affordable too! My husbands filet was tender, flavorful and cooked perfectly! I thoroughly enjoyed my coconut shrimp! Worth the visit for sure!

• Visited September 2013
Galveston County Texas
“Very Disappointed .,. Poor Service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The wife and I have eaten at many Saltgrass locations, including this one with a great view of the Bay on numerous occassions. It was my birthday and we were early, so we asked if the two of us could sit at a table for 6 next to the window and relax. The restaurant was mostly empty. We were refused by the hostess who told us we could sit in the second room at a table for four. We accepted .. only to watch five of the 6 tables have couples of two seated where we had asked to sit while we were eating.

The food was not up to past Saltgrass standards. My bake potato was cold, her's was at least warm, but not warm enough to melt the butter. Since it was the end of August, I'd blame it on a busy summer, but the restaurant was almost empty early on a Thursday night. Very disappointed!! With so many other good restaurants in the area .. doubt we go back anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Worst Saltgrass experience ever!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We eat at several Saltgrass Steakhouses in Houston regularly, and have been to the Galveston location before, and have always had an excellent experience. Our dining experience at the Kemah location, last night, was awful :( At first, our issue was that all three steaks ordered at our table, were delivered medium rare. They had all been ordered medium well. When I told our waiter, Jason D., we had a problem, all three steaks were very undercooked, he literally threw up his hands and huffed and said "I didn't cook them". I told him I didn't imply that he did, and I only wanted them cooked more. There were 8 of us in our party and we were all appalled at his reaction. Not Saltgrass standards. The steaks weren't either. He had someone else deliver our steaks to us but not a manager. Jason D. did not return to our table until he delivered the check. He had not applied our Saltgrass "rewards" credits to our bill nor did he ask if we wanted to use them. Fortunately I think this terrible experience was a fluke but will try another Boardwalk restaurant next visit to Kemah.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT STEAK!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have eaten here once, and my experience was acceptional. My steak was cooked to perfection, everything came in a timely matter, our waiter had no problem bringing us anything we needed and was very polite. Also when asking for extra this and extra that we did not get charged which was a plus and our waiter got a better tip. :) Would definetly go again.

Visited October 2012