“Not worth it”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
SanAntonio
“Not worth it”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited Landry's for a birthday lunch with a group of 8. The service was OK, if a bit slow, especially on the sodas (though they were prompt with the alcohol for those who ordered it!). The fresh oysters were outstanding. However, the rest of the lunch was mediocre. My fish had so much butter on it, I thought it was still swimming! The vegetables were overcooked. I didn't have alcohol, so for my grandson & I, lunch cost over $50!!!! Unbelievable. Won't go back.

1 Thank ShootingGirl

“Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere was great, the staff was friendly and the was delicious!!! I'm a picky pregnant woman and everything was tasty from appetizer to dessert! I had the fried zucchini for appetizer, the shrimp trio for entree and the cinnamon bread pudding for dessert. The salad was even yummy and I loved the house dressing that came with it!

• Visited August 2013
Northern California
“Seafood with a Bay View!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yummy food with a view of the water. Our waiter was awesome and took care of everything that we requested. Even though we had no reservation, we were seated quickly. Food was delicious! We would absolutely go back when we are in the area again. Parking is a bit of a challenge because this is a major entertainment area. But ... if you are in the area of the Houston Space Center it is absolutely worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Hook, United Kingdom
“Brilliant service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We visited this restaurant during a 3 week holiday in USA. We had spent the day at NASA which we all enjoyed and then went down to Kemah to see the sea1 After wandering round the beach area for a while we decided to eat &, being seafood lovers, Landry's looked good. We were not disappointed! There was no wait when we arrived

Our server was Jeffery and he was fab. Quietly attentive, making sure we understood all the dishes and anticipating drinkes etc before we knew we wanted them! The food was excellent and very big portions that we could not face dessert. He even offered us free sodas to take with us for our long drive back that night.

Dallas, Texas
“Ate here on 7-20-13 and totally agree w/ the Kcknana review”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

There was a 20 minute wait to get a table. I went to the bar to get a couple of drinks for my wife and me and sat there almost 15 minutes before one of the bartenders asked if I had been helped. they had been walking by me like I was invisible for the entire time. By the time I got 2 drinks - a margarita and mojito, our table was ready. 2 drinks $20 - way over priced.

My wife ordered the Shrimp Fresca and I ordered the Snapper Pontchartrain. My wife's shrimp were so overcooked she couldn't even cut them with a knife. The server never came back to the table after taking our order to find out if the food was okay or even if it arrived as ordered. She, as many servers seem to do, waited on tables near ours, but never took the time to look our way or even come by to see if we needed anything. We flagged down another server and he got our server. She had them prepare my wife's dish again, and this time the shrimp were at least edible. My Red Snapper Pontchartrain was okay, but certainly not the best I've eaten, and not worth the $35 price tag.

In summary - the food was way over priced and not that good, the server's attitude was terrible and seemed like it was a chore for her to even wait on us. I am a person that always tips based on the service and have left tips in the past as much as 30-35% of the bill. I left her a 10% tip that was probably too much.

On the way back home to north Texas, we had lunch at Ralph and Kacoo's in Lufkin and the food was reasonably priced and excellent. We also eat at Pappadeaux's quite a bit and their food is so superior to Landry's they aren't even in the same box.

This experience reminded me that we ate at Landry's in San Antonio several years ago and it was equally as bad. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!