“The view is good.”

Landry's Seafood House
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“The view is good.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Food is average at best. Service was friendly and efficient. Too noisy. Overpriced for what you get.

Antwerpen, Belgium
“Good food ,but to loud interior”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We loved the food and service but the noise was way to loud.Not the atmosphere we expected.If in summer you can eat outside it probably would be much nicer with the fabulous view you get looking over the Gulf of Mexico.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food with a nice view of the water”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a nice meal with great food and a view of the water on Sat. night. The restaurant was very busy and a bit noisy but service was very good and we all enjoyed our meal. Our party had the shrimp fresca, fried seafood platter and the grilled talipia. All the food was prepared well and was very tasty. We all enjoyed the house salad and dressing too.

“Expensive”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

But still good. Not as good as Landry's Aquarium, but good. At least the waiter kept my drink full. Just overpriced...by a fair bit. And make sure you make a reservation or don't be surprised if you end up waiting for over an hour for a table...by the kitchen.

Visited February 2012
Houston
“Great atmosphere, BUT MEDIOCRE FOOD!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My Mother and I came here for an early dinner. We asked to be seated by a window, and that offered an excellent view of the channel with boats sailing in and out. Our waiter was very pleasant and upbeat. He offered dining suggestions and graciously answered our questions. I ordered stuffed flounder, and my Mother ordered crawfish etouffee. The good part ends here.

We were served bread as we waited and waited. The bread was barely warm and unfortunately, drenched with butter. We were served a complimentary salad bowl with crisp romaine and bits of tomato and carrots. At first glance, I thought perhaps the tomato was just the pulp as in nicer restaurants since it was served in bits. Not so, but I guess I shouldn't complain since it was a free salad. The dressings were house made, and had a good consistency and flavor.

The restaurant was not busy, and there were plenty of empty tables, so I was surprised that our food would take so long. I thought perhaps the flounder was taking longer to cook. To my surprise, when we were served, neither one of the dishes were hot. Both were warm, but not hot as if they were freshly prepared. The etouffee actually had a slight film over it like when food starts to cool. Our waiter had disappeared once the food was served, and there was no return visit until I asked a bus staff for help. Whenever our waiter was present, he was always friendly and courteous, but I could have used less of that in exchange for being more attentive and serving our food when it was ready to be served and refilling our water glasses. I asked for my food to reheated. Unfortunately, the food was just OK. The flounder was NOT moist or tasty, and the stuffing was bready and devoid of any lump crabmeat. I kept squeezing on lemon juice in hopes of improving the flavor, and I even tried to add butter to the sauce, but it would not melt because the food was not hot enough. My best guess is that the flounder was prepared LONG before cooking, and had dehydrated in the refrigerator before it was cooked. Even so, if it were more freshly prepared, it lacked in taste because the quality still wasn't there. The crawfish etouffee was no better. There was no depth of flavor.

Back in the day, when this restaurant was independently owned, it held its own with the quality of food and service. With the large corporate take over of the whole Kemah Boardwalk, quality has been lost, and prices have been raised. Fortunately, the atmosphere is still nice, and perhaps you could enjoy dessert there.