“My favorite in Kamah” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar

Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“My favorite in Kamah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My recommended choice in Kemah. I have been visiting for 25 years. Fresh seafood and great view of the Clear Creek Channel.

Visited August 2014

Houston, Texas
“Nice dinner for 16 year old grandaughter and I. Perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

My grandghter and i spent a weekend in kemah this May, our first night we decided on dinner here .she loves seafood . it is directly across from the Kemah Inn on the boardwalk where were staying . In fact , since it is all owned by the same company the Inn made our dinner reservation for us , a nice touch. we sat outdoor's , watched the boats go by on the water and people watched the boardwalk, we still were able to talk , quietly , i feel teen's need one on one time . our waiter was fantastic . i liked the way he treated my granddaughter , she changed her mind about what she wanted plus had a lot of questions about the food , how its cooked, whats in it and she wanted to know some history of the boardwalk. our waiter had endless patience . i /we will definitely be back

• Visited May 2014
Shenzhen
“Pump the brakes, then keep walking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

If you're going to have "Oyster Bar" in the name of your restaurant, know what you're doing. Staff was untrained on where they were from, unfamiliar with what constitutes an oyster shooter, and temperature was lukewarm. When we brought the temperature issue up to the server we were told "He just shucked them, I watched him." Food is sub-par. Service was OK. Nice patio area on the pier/boardwalk, but I would have preferred Red Lobster to this place.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Katy, Texas
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited with the kids on a Sunday lunchtime and really enjoyed our meal. I ordered the coconut shrimp which were delicious, my husband enjoyed his chicken burger and my son had the kids chicken strips and fries. The portions were very generous and all freshly cooked. Service was friendly and efficient too. Great lunch and I'm sure we'll be back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank KLgal25
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Food was amazing. Kay (the waitress) went out of her way to make us feel like family. Had the chef special, as well as the grilled Mahi Acapulco. Oysters Rockefeller were good, a few too many bell peppers for my liking.
Overall the service was phenomenal, door was great, and the view was really nice.