“View, service and food”

Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Woodlands, Texas
“View, service and food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Perfectly situated in the Kemah boardwalk, allows for an open view of the canal and all the boat traffic while enjoying good food and drinks, very good service and reasonable pricing.

Visited April 2014

Houston, Texas
“Overpriced and slow”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a couple of cocktails and appetizers to tide us over until dinner. We had the Dutchmen oysters and the shrimp cocktail and neither were all that great. I would have hoped for a fresher taste. Seafood has to be fresh to be good. The cocktails were refreshing, but everything was overpriced and the service was extremely slow. We will not return.

1 Thank 321Lisa321
“Went there twice in 2 days!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We just wanted a light lunch so decided to try this place. Absolutely loved the blue crab dip so went back the next day for another! We had great service and my husband loved the clam chowder in a bread bowl. The servers really hustle and both times we went, the servers were attentive.

Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
“Good food! Slow Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have visited this restaurant a few times over the past many years. I always order the same thing which is the fried oysters. They are large, with a crispy batter and butter soft interior. They are always delicious and perfectly cooked. My husband had the Greek salad which looked nice but he said it was just OK. My daughters had the fried oysters as well and thoroughly enjoyed them. The service was very slow and while we didn't mind relaxing by the water and enjoying the great view, I did not appreciate my salad arriving the same time as the main course. It also took a long time for drinks to arrive and I was never asked if I wanted a second Mai Tai (very good by the way). I will go back because I cannot resist those oysters and prior service had been much better,

• Visited March 2014
“Great Location But Getting Too Commercialized!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I grew up in the area and remember the fresh seafood at Kemah and the ability to watch marine life come and go in fine restaurants like Jimmy Walker's and Landry's. The area was thriving when Hurricane Ike hit in 2008 and completely wiped out the boardwalk and restaurants. Thank goodness that Landry's was there to pick up the pieces and completely rebuild the restaurants and amusements. By doing so they restored all the things that made Kemah great while offering the same options for food and entertainment. But my regret is that now that Landry's has expanded to other parts of the country, I don't feel that a meal there is special any more because I can get the same thing in a Landry's down the street from my house in land-locked El Paso. All the restaurants and amusement venues are owned by Landry's. It appears that Landry's has moved from the restaurant business to the entertainment business, thus the value suffers by trying to promote and retain the entertainment dollar. If you have never been to Kemah then the experience is worth it and the food is definitely fresh and exceptional. There are just too many other options available (at home and away) to merit a higher rating as being something special.