“Better of all the other board walk restaurants” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Better of all the other board walk restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here on numerous occasions and always receive good service the area is always busy we expect delays. This time our lunch wait was a few minutes. Our mixed drinks were on the weak side our waiter reverse the charges and we ordered other mixed drinks. We usually stick with the basics for seafood here I do like their fish n chips. The food is served hot and the portions are generous. We come here for the location, they can accommodate large groups, and for kids play ground. Of course also for the good food.

• Visited May 2013

Littleton, Colorado
“Boardwalk seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I grew up in the area and use to enjoy Captain John's many years before the Landry's corporation re-developed the area into a NJ style boardwalk. I no longer live in Tx but when I visit nearby I try to make a visit to Kemah for great Gulf Coast seafood. I've eaten at the Flying Dutchman a few times, always sitting outside near the strolling walkway to watch the boats (fishing and pleasure) sail by. I've never eaten anything but seafood and have not been disappointed. On my last visit I ate a shrimp salad. My only complaint was that it was a little heavy on the mayo. Still there was a very good amount of shrimp in the salad.
NOTE: For families with children there is a nice little playground for the small ones on their outdoor deck. If you do not have children, ask to be seated a little bit away from this area.

1 Thank MG3002
Sugar land
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Took the family for a fun afternoon to Kemah, decided to go have dinner at the Flying Dutchman. We had been there several times but this experience was totally different, the wait time was suppose to be 30 mins waited 45 mins went to ask how much longer a couple who was in front of me apparently had reservations but they could not find there name walked in and were seated immediately. I then was acknowledge even though there were three hostess and one of the girls told me that it was going to be another 15 to 20 mins. Spoke with management found a table then we were seated. After being seated no one ever came to take our order or even acknowledge us for that matter but two other tables that were seated after us were attended quickly. Spoke with management told them of the poor service and left. Went to Cheddars and received the best service ever. Big disappointment with Flying Dutchman would not recommend to anyone!!

• 2 of 5 stars
Spring, Texas
“Appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here in the afternoon with family while we stayed at the Inn. Had some real good food and beer! My brother in law loves oysters and that's why we decided on this place. Very good and the service was great!

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The entree of blackened redfish topped with "bar trash" was very tasty. The oysters left a lot to be desired. I knew something was not right when the waitress returned real quickly with the oysters. They had obviously been pre-shucked and kept in the fridge long enough that several were dessicated. They were just OK. If you're going to advertyise yourself as & Oyster Bar, you should be shucking fresh, not playing like you are red Lobster. Come on people!