“Little Intimate Restaurant, different style of eating in Texas”
Review of Tabella at Clear Creek Winery - CLOSED

Tabella at Clear Creek Winery
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: In Between 7th & 8th Street
Derbyshire, England
“Little Intimate Restaurant, different style of eating in Texas”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a very small restaurant that served me excellent food. I was there only the second night after it had reopened from closing down over christmas. There wasn't anyone else in the restaurant. But, the waiter was welcoming, very knowledgeable about the wine list. Wines are produced at the facility literally adjoining the restaurant. The chef came out of the kitchen to ask if we'd enjoyed our meal. Try this little place if you want something a bit more special than the norm.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank 99Display_Name99

Conroe, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is fantastic and wine is wonderful!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

My best friend and I went to Tabella since we were staying at The Clipper House Inn, the b&b at the winery. We were in a girls trip. The place is small (only about 6 tables) and intimate. Our waitress was fantastic, attentive, and friendly. (she received a nice tip) Chef Coco came to our table to make sure the food was good and check on us. She was friendly, genuine, and passionate. The food was over the top. My BF and I split the whole meal; spinach artichoke mason jar w/ bread and water crackers, crab cakes, shrimp diablo with homemade BBQ sauce, bacon wrapped asparagus and cheesecake with a strawberry Zinfandel wine reduction, made from the strawberry Zin made right there at the winery. We had a bottle if the wineries naked Chardonnay. It was all delicious!

1 Thank Kbailey0113
Los Gatos, California
“Good food; ok atmosphere; wine questionable”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really enjoyed our food at Tabella. My hubby and I split the pear/goat cheese salad. It was very good. I had the pumpkin ravoli (delightful) and he had the blackberry merlot chicken (very good). We tried the wineries pinot noir, zin, and merlot, and really didn't like any of them (to each his own). The good news is there are other wines to choose from. The atmoshere is small and charming, but the lights are a bit too bright. Service from Kyle was impeccable, and the chef stopped by our table. She really did a great job.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Wapatula87
“Farm to table awesomeness!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went on a wednesday night for date night. We had seen the building in Kemah and wondered what it would be like. We were very happy to have a fantastic meal and perfect date night! Service was excellent. We were the only ones in there on a Wednesday night but we hardly noticed. Ambiance very nice, small and cozy surrounded by wines of the vineyard. We tasted the award winning wines and settled on the Clear Creek Zinfandel. I loved it! We had the avocado goat cheese spread which was very tasty with bread. I ordered the chicken with blackberry reduction and the Mac and cheese. My husband had chicken with herbs and asparagus. We thought chicken was cooked to perfection and we enjoyed our sides too. We decided no to desert, we were very full. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food.

We will definitely go back, even with our kids. We will even suggest the company Xmas party there. Wonderful little place hidden by Kemah boardwalk!!! Can't wait to go back.

3 Thank Spoonermomma1
Humble, Texas
“Great place to visit and eat”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wonderful place to relax and listen to music. Coco is the chef and she puts wonderful meals together. She works hard, enjoys visiting with the guests and truly makes the place a great place to be.

Visited October 2012