“Loud, Bare Wires, Leaky Parking & No Hot Water!”

Passport Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Conroe, TX
“Loud, Bare Wires, Leaky Parking & No Hot Water!”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Room Phone did not work because there are bare wires! The under room parking had such a water leak from the above room, that I could not get out of the truck on the passenger side! The room was like being in a concrete alley - sounded like the motorcycles were IN our room!! But, the real kicker...on Sunday morning there was no Hot Water in the shower!! So, top off the stay with a COLD SHOWER. I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk!! I did ask for a manager to contact me regarding our stay. When I FINALLY got in touch with management - I was told that since no one else has complained - nothing will be done! Don't stay at Passport!! Spend the few extra bucks and enjoy your stay...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kingwood, TX
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed there last night. Terrible Hotel. The room my wife had originally booked was not available so we were upgraded to a suite, room 211. A third floor walk-up, no elevator. The ground floor is just for parking due to the area's occasional flooding. It was a cold night and after running the heater for an hour, the room was not noticably warmer. We complained on our way out to dinner and they said they would fix it. When we returned 2 hours later, the room was pleasantly warm. By 1:00 am it was roasting. There is no wall thermostate just a knob that goes from 1 - 10. I move it to 5 and the heater cycled off, but by 3:00 am it was roasting again so we just turned it off. When my wife pulled the comforter off the bed, a dead bug was laying on the blanket. The coil mattress was very uncomfortable and we both had a terrible nights sleep. The tiny pillows were hard as rocks. It made for a very uncomfortable bed. There is an extension cord under the carpet to plug the refrigerator in. Probably a code violation. There was a coffee pot in the room but no coffee. We got up at 5:30 and left. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
GSMgr, Guest Services Manager at Passport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2010
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

We've looked into the mentioned amenity issues. The heating unit has two modes, cycle for energy save mode and constant. You can easily adjust to either mode with the flip of a switch and each unit does have thermostat controls built into the unit. Guest can adjust these to their own preferance. The particular unit in that room is adjusted by a knob. The unit seems to be functioning properly.

Pillows are checked rgularly and discarded and replaced. Guest may also call to request additional pillows or we could exchange pillows as well. That particular suite does have additional pillow and blanket in the armoire drawer as it has the pull-out sofa bed.

Our property is on contract with an extermination service and the property is treated monthly.

The hotel is planning to replace matresses in Spring of 2010.

There does not appear to be any extension cord connected to the refridgerator unit as stated. The unit is plugged directly into the wall socket.

Guests are always encouraged to contact the guest services department during the course of the stay so that issues can be corrected right away. This gives us a chance to offer assistance to you to make your stay more comforatable at the time should an issue arrise.
TX
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Before knowing after we reserved our first night, we went ahead and reserved another night. Great Location.
First night Rm 211 the King Size Bed had no mattrress!!! Just covered up springs. I'm telling the truth. I slept on the 4' couch. The next morning I reported it. Manager said no one else had complained. They went ahead and booked the same room to some other unsuspected person.
Second night we had two twin beds. Atleast they had a mattress. After spending a full day in the sun and water, we went to the hotel wanting to take a shower. Rm 206. There was no way to turn on the shower. There was a shower head, but no way to turn it on.
Wish I would have read the reviews before we left. The management acted like they really didn't even care, or maybe they're just use to bad reviews. The night manager did tell us the mattresses were just replaced 6 months ago. They must have missed Rm 211. No discount or anything was offered for our miserable stay.
We plan on taking our family back to kemah but we won't be staying there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
The hotel has undergone some rennovations and we are continuing to do more this spring. Matresses are scheduled to be replaced. Some Mattresses have already been replaced.

The bed in room 211 DOES have a mattress, I am certain of that!

Guests are encouraged to contact the guest services department when an issue arrises. This allows the hotel to take action at that time to make the guests more comfortable. Other rooms were available that I am certain something suitable could have been arranged.

The shower in 206 does have a valve that pulls down and is located at the spiggot where the water comes out to the tub. SImply pull down on the shower activation lever and the shower comes on. Instruction are posted on the wall to that effect as well. Again Had the guest called this could have been resolved.
texas
Reviewed October 21, 2009

i am so happy that i chose this hotel, the people that work and manage this place do not get paid enough, they work really hard in pleasing their customers and pay attention to the little details and everytihing else. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Denver
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Me and my wife stayed here in labor day weekend on sept. 5,09 saturday and had a real good time staying at passport inn & suites and throughly enjoyed the boardwalk area.
Passport inn has clean rooms, reasonably priced and the location of the hotel is great.
Hotel staff is corteous and service oriented we were pleased with them. They gave us extra pillows and towels for no extra cost promptly. Bed was comfortable and a/c cooled real well. We enjoyed our stay and will be back again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
Reviewed August 6, 2009

The room was the last available room around. Should have known to run as soon as we pulled up but gave it a shot. Trash and clothes hangars were thrown throughout the stairwells and exterior walkways. Large stains and standing water from the a/c condensate lines leaking instead of draining. The room smelled like smoke and got all over my clean clothes that I was going to drive in the following day. The a/c was loud and would turn on and off about every 5 mins. The fridge was made a loud knocking sound. The shower had a high pitch yell to it. The cofee pot was dirty with old stains in and out of it. A used ashtray was left in the room. The security chain on the door was loose and held on with only one screw. The front office staff couldn't have cared less about any of these issues... oh wait, I lied, they refunded me $5.00 off of my $169.00 for my inconvenience. I don't know about their website, but I had no whirlpool, hairdryer, shampoo, iron... I should have slept in my truck and saved $169.00.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This is the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in by far! Motel 6 blows this place away. Floors were uneven, bathtub covered with mold and mattress was old with springs. Several plugs were just wires hanging out including the fire alarm. The reception guy was rude and the price of the room was ridiculous! I could go on and on....just don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
GSMgr, Manager at Passport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2009
The Fire Alarm system is inspected by liscensed inspectors through the State Fire Marshall's office. They are installed and fucntioning properly.

I double checked the system today and it is working properly.

I am not aware of any electrical receptacles that have wires only. This has a potential to be a safety hazzard and will be investigated immedately.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
No photo provided
Palace Inn Kemah
#4 of 5 in Kemah
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to Passport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!