“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2006

We just returned from a Cruise out of the Port of Houston. Stayed at the Passport Inn & Suites in Kemah. Considering it is across the street from the Marina and a leisurely stroll to the Kemah Boardwalk, it is good value at $79.00. It was clean, and beds not as bad as I expected given the negative reviews this place has received. If you are on a budget, this is your spot, you won't be unhappy. If there is no budget then by all means stay at the Boardwalk Inn at 3 or 4 times the cost.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
9 Thank Dickster47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2005

Reserved for and stayed two nights...by the Grace of God. If I had money to throw away, I would have turned around and cancelled after I first walked into the room. Thank God, I had an extra comforter (which I slept on with my 6-month-old son) and a big can of Lysol. My husband had a sleepness night and back pains after the first night on the hard and tattered mattress. The iron (which leaked water) and ironing board (heavily stained) from the office should both be discarded. I had to buy my own iron from Wal-mart...I saw the one from the hotel there for $6.92 ( a steamer only). I had a great time on the Boardwalk, but this place put a damper within my spirit!

• Stayed September 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Passport-Inn-Suites, Manager at Passport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2009
The irons have been replace along with the bedding and furniture. The hotel has a new look and feel to the room.

We are in process of painting now and it should look very nice.
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2005

My husband and i got away for a day, heard Kemah was nice, and as for Kemah it was nice. The hotel on the other hand was disgusting, if we were not so tired and ready to find a place we would of never stayed there and trust me NEVER will again. You think the location is good, and it is, but the room all 3 or 4 that they showed us was gross. The smoke was overwhelming and dirty. Finally she let us in a room the floors were gross, the bathroom light did not work and had no clue how to fix it, the dust was inches thick. The walls looked like they had gross stuff smeared all over. The tub was disgusting, the bed was so hard. One lock on the door was missing. They had one rag, and two towles for one room. No iron, no iroing board and no hair dryer in the room. The coffee pot was not the size that went on the maker and it was filthy. The phone was a regular walmart phone. As for contenitial breakfast.... they offered a small packet to make coffee in the room. Also, the price on the outside sign said one thing, but she charged another... because we got an ocean front view, but actually that was the only clean room she could find. They had very few parking spots and one entrance/exit. We don't mind paying for a nice room, but this was nasty and very dissapointing.

18 Thank Prechus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2004

Absolutley the perfect place to stay if you want the best location. We parked when we got there and didn't get back in our vehicle till time to leave. Everything is within walking distance, + the pan jam was going on and we were able to sit outside on the balcony and enjoy people watching and listen to the music. The rooms with the best view are 109 or 212. As for the hotel, I have stayed in better for alot less, it did have it's problems, but the locale of it amply made up. The sheets were clean and bathroom, although in need of some simple repairs, was clean. Bed was a bit uncomfy, but it was CLEAN!!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2004

This was the grossest motel that I have ever seen. It was expensive. We had a dirty pillow, a used bandaid stuck to the bathroom floor(was not ours!), there was vomit on the side of the bed that looked like it had been there awhile. I can give a few more things that were gross, but I think that you get the point. We complained twice and NOTHING was done.
YUCK!!!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2004

we had a great stay at the passport inn. it was a great place for the family to stay. very close to the kemah boardwalk, and close to all the places in the clear lake area that we wanted to visit like the johnson space center. the staff was very friendly and helpful. they were able to accomadate all our requests. the room we stayed in was very nice and the view of the marina area was fantastic! i would highly reccomend the hotel to anyone going to the area. plus it was much more reasonabley priced than the other area hotels!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2003

We were at the Passport Inn/Kemah Nov 8th. Blanket was threadbare and dirty, and bedspread was dirty. The mattress was so old, one could feel the metal stays of the mattress -- there wasn't a comfortable spot on the mattress; so needless to say we didn't get much sleep. The room didn't appear to have been vacuumed recently. The bathroom was clean; however, the tile needed re-caulking and the room needed painting. Overall, a very shabby place in need of repair. Very disappointing since its location is good.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
No photo provided
Palace Inn Kemah
#4 of 5 in Kemah
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to Passport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!