“Good for family gatherings”

Crazy Alan's Swamp Shack
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Kemah
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to Crazy Alan's Swamp Shack with my folks for a big family reunion. We originally picked the place for its scenic view of the sailboats and turned out that my nephews likes the indoors even more.
The bar/ restaurant is a good place to go to and you won't get bored. They have a band playing on the patio, they play some mixture between country and rock, all in all good music though sometimes it can be a little loud. You can enjoy a game here, just kick back at the Tv and have a cold beer and some onion rings.
The parking space wasn't a problem, glad we didn't have to go through a a lot of trouble just to park and the décor is delightful and unpretentious it has that fishing shack look.
They've upgraded the menu since last time I've been here. They have a big variety of burgers though I have to say this isn't their strong point. The seafood is their specialty I'd say, my favorites are the Jumbo Mudbugg (lobster), the Boiled shrimps and the Cajun Stuffed Pork Chop, spicy and good.
Prices are reasonable, you can get a main corse at $23.95 or try the King Crab at $ 26.95.
I'm more a dessert kind of person so I really enjoyed the Root Beer Float and we also shared a Brownie Explosion which was delicious.
I definitely recommend Crazy Alan's Swamp Shack and will come back again. It's a good place to go with your family and friends, the staff is polite and the prices are good.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The burgers were great, very tasty and a HUGE variety to choose from... you can have a plain burger or get one with crawfish mixed in! They have "shoestring" onion rings that are really, really addictive! :) They have a live band playing cajun and mix of country/rock on the enclosed patio for those chilly or rainy nights! We have been here many times with family & friends, I just keep forgetting to drop a review for them!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic meal there new years eve Everything we have ordered turns out pretty good freind group of people nice staff everyone working hard to please everyone that what you wanna see is every on the same page that is what makes a good restaurant i will alway return

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have been going to the Swamp Shack for years but recently the food has improved due to menu upgrades that have added several new items. The trout medallions, stuffed t-bone steak and the red snapper ponchartrain are three of my favorites. However, the best dish in the house is the seafood enchiladas that are unique and delicious. Cold beer and attentive service make this a good deal.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We wanted a quick snack and a drink so we stopped here. Food (wings) were surprisingly good and the service was very friendly and attentive. It looked like the crawfish were the main attraction here, though we did not have them.