“A great addition!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Visited the Wind Down last weekend after seeing a post on Facebook. What a great surprise! The atmosphere is so warm & inviting. We sat at the bar for a glass of wine before dinner & was having such a nice time, that we decided to have dinner at the bar instead of at a table. We split the rustic bread appetizer (mine done without the brie) & had the beef filet. Both were delicious & done to perfection. I must say that I am not a big fan of brussel spouts, but this side dish was very tasty. The wine list is eclectic, has some good wines by the glass & is fairly priced. The entire staff is friendly & makes you feel at home. The Kemah-League City area has been in need of a restaurant whose chef has a passion for creating wonderful dishes & a staff who truly cares about their patrons. Next time I will try one their "made from scratch" pasta dishes. Bon Appetit!!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We ate here on Saturday. My guess is that it'll be one of the rare times it'll be quiet again, because once word gets out it'll be hard to get a table. Our evening was simply perfect!
I've found Texas fare to be generally disappointing. I rate this food to be excellent. Love is poured into the preparation of the food. It shows up on your taste buds and one might think you're sitting in a Iron Chef restaurant. Honestly.
Love this place. Will return, repeatedly.
Don't even get me started on the fabulous wine list.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I love the atomosphere inside and outside. Great food. Manager is very nice and friendly.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We have been anticipating the opening of Chris' new place for months, and I am happy to say it was worth the wait! I love the interior design ... very warm and comfortable with plenty of space inside and out. My 30+ friends had a nice private room and also spilled out onto the patio. The menu is great! Brief, but this menu is quality over quantity. The shrimp grits were great, as was the steak. I tasted just about every item off my friends' plates and each was exceptional. Friends also raved about the desserts. My main focus was the wine and it did not disappoint. Nice selections at reasonable prices. We are looking foward to going back often!

2  Thank EclecticTravlr
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was the only one in there. It was just me and the staff. It has atmosphere, but they need customers. Who wants to drink alone. They really need to do some advertising....

1  Thank scott c