“Delicious Greek food”

Bakkhus taverna
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: near the boardwalk of Kemah
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I come here a lot during the summer. The gyro burrito is awesome. Try the gummy bear martini or the schnozberry with a cherry. Best Greek food I've ever had.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

After an afternoon at Kemah Boardwalk we really weren't in the mood for a big lunch especially from all the chain restaurants on the boardwalk. We walked around the small town of Kemah and found this restaurant. We ate one of their grilled chicken salads, I know simple and it can't be screwed up. This place added its Greek style to a simple grilled chicken salad and WOW! Very good! Enough to fill you up till dinner time. Try it, nice bar with several interesting brews on tap.
Happy eating!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went here for dinner with husband and granddaughter and it was cool enough to sit on the outdoor patio. A great, casual setting. They were preparing boiled crawfish platters on the back porch and the trays were loaded with crawfish, corn and potatoes -- that many of the diners ordered. We, however, stuck to the menu. I had the grilled shrimp -- which was great. I was surprised to see about 10 jumbo shrimp (instead of the usual 6 you get around Galveston). No problem substituting Greek potatoes (great) for the rice it usually comes with. My husband ordered the lamb gyro and its was delicious and plentiful. Child menu choices were standard, but nice size for the cheeseburger and fries my granddaughter ordered.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The menu had some light American fare too, and also had a friendly staff and good environment. I ordered a grilled chicken gyro which ended up being freakin’ huge. I had to pull some of the meat out on to my plate just to be able to refold the bread and eat it like a taco. It was very good.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad we took a chance on this little spot. It was hard to find a place to park but worth the hassle. Everything we ate was great! The tomato hummus and chicken pita pizza were my favorites.