“Amazing Greek selection”

Bakkhus taverna
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: near the boardwalk of Kemah
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went here for dinner with husband and granddaughter and it was cool enough to sit on the outdoor patio. A great, casual setting. They were preparing boiled crawfish platters on the back porch and the trays were loaded with crawfish, corn and potatoes -- that many of the diners ordered. We, however, stuck to the menu. I had the grilled shrimp -- which was great. I was surprised to see about 10 jumbo shrimp (instead of the usual 6 you get around Galveston). No problem substituting Greek potatoes (great) for the rice it usually comes with. My husband ordered the lamb gyro and its was delicious and plentiful. Child menu choices were standard, but nice size for the cheeseburger and fries my granddaughter ordered.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The menu had some light American fare too, and also had a friendly staff and good environment. I ordered a grilled chicken gyro which ended up being freakin’ huge. I had to pull some of the meat out on to my plate just to be able to refold the bread and eat it like a taco. It was very good.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad we took a chance on this little spot. It was hard to find a place to park but worth the hassle. Everything we ate was great! The tomato hummus and chicken pita pizza were my favorites.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The 3 if us ordered a Burrito Gyro, Mousaka, and a Greek pasta dish. All were very good but the gyro was the best-hands down. We also had the fiery feta appetizer with fried and baked pita bread. That was very very good.
Since it was my birthday I was given a slice of Baklava which was great as well. Our server was excellent.
They also have outdoor seating, which we would have loved, but the wait would have been too long.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Been here twice while working on some sailing certifications. Each time I had the Medusa burger. So good. The fries are also special. Perhaps not what you would expect at a Greek place, but very good.