“Best GREEK food in Kemah”
Review of Bakkhus taverna

Bakkhus taverna
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: near the boardwalk of Kemah
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Don't eat on the boardwalk!! Walk a little down the road, if you like cheese set on fire!! The best food, healthy. My husband & I eat here almost weekly. SO Good!!! The greek salad is enough for two!!

1  Thank Melissa D

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We ate lunch here. We had the hamburger that had pineapple in it and the burrito. Both were very good and tasty. Portions were also good. Enjoyed watching the Olympics on three monitors that helped past the time. The food took a little long to arrive, but overall experience was enjoyable.

1  Thank RayneLa
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've been here three times & I don't even live in Texas.
The service was adequate, & the food quality seems to have deteriorated since my previous visit of a year ago. Of the four of us,only one ate all her entree. We added a hummus plate to supplement a somewhat slow-to-arrive lunch,and it was by far the most garlicky hummus I have ever had,to the point of obliterating any other flavor.
I had a lackluster Gyro Platter,accompanied by cold fries. (Why fries? A salad would be fine.)

All in all, Bakkhus was underwhelming,I am sorry to say,as this is the favorite place of a dear friend,and I am bound to go there again on my next visit. And I want to have a better experience,if only for her sake.

1  Thank MaukaGal
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Lovely little Greek place. Good food, owned by real Greek people and real Greek recipes. It's a great place and the crab leg nights are awesome!!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I only rate this restaurant average because Greek is not exactly my favorite food. The staff were VERY gracious and prompt. I was in for lunch and there are some American items to order from too. I was told the Greek items are good.