“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Pflugerville, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is beautifully decorated, very neat and clean. Our room (322) was very well equipped for high tech devices. Even the little itty bitty reading lamps attached to each end of the headboards was a nice touch for readers of traditional print media. The blue glass bathroom sink and the roomy tile shower were beautiful. The location was just a 10-minute walk to the Kemah Boardwalk which was a blessing given the congested vehicle traffic in the area. We would definitely stay in this hotel again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LauraMOAustin_TX
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear LauraMOAustin_TX ;

On behalf of our entire team we thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

Reviews and comments like yours is what makes us keep on aiming for superior service and making memorable stays.

On your next visit to Kemah, please come and stay with us. We are looking forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest.

We remain at your service;

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Really a great place as Holiday Inns go. Contemporary styling with clean lines and comfortable rooms. Excellent location within easy walking distance of the boardwalk and resturants. We did not eat in the hotel resturant, but did take advantage of the bar. Special recognition to Sebastian who makes fantastic margaritas! Service was excellent and hotel staff very accommodating. I recommend this hotel to all and will stay again myself when I visit Kemah again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Dianne F.;

On behalf of our entire team we thank you for your kind words and the recognition of our staff and their dedication.

We are very proud of our hotel and our team members; your support is what makes all of us
aim for superior service and a memorable experience for our guests.

I have shared your comments with our Department Managers and our staff. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future and to be your hotel of choice every time you are in the Kemah area.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Horrible service in the restaurant and bar. Internet is the worse I've seen. It's so bad I'm posting this on my phone. The hotel itself is fine. If they fix the Internet and get a real bar tender, I'd come back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TheBigFishHead
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Mr. The Big Head Fish;

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed about your experience.

I agree with you regarding the challenges we had this past month with our Internet. Very frustrating especially if you are finalizing business plans or just catching up with family and friends. The problem has been solved since then.

I have shared your experience with our Food & Beverage Manager and he is as disappointed a I am.

On behalf of our entire team, please accept our sincere apologies; as an Operator and as a team, our goal is to make your every stay an excellent experience; this time we failed.

Please give us the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the area.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very new, very stylish Holiday Inn in a good location.

While most Holiday Inns opt for the more timeless conservative styling, this place attempts to take more risks and be more trendy. It's newly built and looks great by 2013 standards, but it will be interesting to see how the neon blue sinks in the bathroom stand the test of time. However, for now, this place is the swankiest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. No lie, the rooms honestly feel like they belong in Vegas.

The location is good, but still somewhat of a hike to the boardwalk (about a 10 minute walk). It's still very walkable for most people and more of an inconvenience than anything. However, there are lots of great restaurants and shops in between. Also, it's not far from the Houston Ship Channel, which makes it a great option for business travelers (like me) looking for a fun place to stay while they're on the road.

The service is good, the housekeeping is great. The hotel bar wants to be good, but only attracts middle-aged businessmen. The breakfast (not free, in the same location as the bar) is pretty good but overpriced.

Don't let all my negatives scare you away from this place, it is a great hotel and more nit-picky than anything.

Room Tip: Have dinner at the Swamp Shack (off the boardwalk).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pat M
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, April 25, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for such great review! We are very proud of our trendy look and we are delighted you agree also!

Our passion for delivering excellent service and superior service is what we like to do, and comments likes yours keep us going for higher marks.

I shared your wonderful comments with our different departments, I thank you on their behalf.

Please come and visit again, we are looking forward to serving you in the near future.

At your service!
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This HI is still fairly new. Located near the Kemah Boardwalk area, there are enough good restaurants in walking distance to keep one well fed. Plenty of small shops, etc. to keep interest level up while taking a stroll. Getting out onto the hwy in the AM was a bit challenging, until I learned to go down a couple of blocks to the light, then no problems. Staff were cheerful, pleasant and helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant took entirely too long, appeared to be only one wait person. Hotel maybe should think about a buffet arrangement to speed business folks along. Not everyone has an hour or more to linger.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our entire team we thank you for your kind and positive comments. It is our passion to deliver excellent service and superior experiences.

I have shared with our Food & Beverage Manager your experience while visiting our Sporting News Grill.

We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future, thank you for taking the time to write about us!

Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms were outstanding and spacious. We rented two rooms. A hancicapped room for my dad and a two Queen bed room for myself and my husband, and my son and his wife. There is a nice bar area in the room with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Although the coffee maker didn't work right in my dad's room. The service in the restaurant downstairs was adequate, but not outstanding. It was happy hour and we sat ourselves outside. There was no one available to wait on us so I went inside to the bar area. After I ordered our drinks, the waitress showed up. So, maybe she was on break or in the bathroom. My son said the pitcher of beer I ordered for him and his wife was not Buglight so he took it back to the bartender who according to him argued with him. She ultimately replaced the pitcher of beer and he said it was the right brand. The front desk personnel upon check in and check out were very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is in an excellent location, clean and a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, April 2, 2013
On behalf of our Management Company and our entire team, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Comments likes yours keep us aiming for excellence!

I have shared your experience with our Food & Beverage Department and on their behalf I do apologize for the experience.

Looking forward to serving you in the near future;

Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Kemah two nights during Spring Break. Originally we tried to book the Boardwalk Inn but they nearly doubled their rates during this time so we stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn and am really glad we did. They had a reasonable rate and was still only a 5-10 minute walk to the Kemah Boardwalk and all the rides, restaurants and carnival games.

The hotel had a very new appearance with a big aquarium in the lobby. The rooms were nice and had contemporary, updated décor. The bathrooms were nice (my daughter really liked the electric blue sink and counters) and the shower was especially large.

Overall an updated, extremely clean place that was a short walk from the boardwalk and a 10 minute drive to Johnson Space Center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasTraveller56
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, March 18, 2013
On behal of our entire Team; I thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience during your recent visit to our property. We are glad you enjoyed your visit!

Comments like yours is what makes us work harder and with a great attiude to achieve superior service.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

At your service;
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah

Been to Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)? Share your experiences!