“Great place for a quick getaway!”

Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Spring, Texas
“Great place for a quick getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice, clean, roomy, modern rooms. Great helpful staff, no complaints. Very close to boardwalk, can walk if you prefer. Only used room, did not go to on site restaurant or other amenities. Gota great rate, so it was definitely worth it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, March 18, 2013
On behal of our entire Team; I thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience during your recent visit to our property. We are glad you enjoyed your visit!

Comments like yours is what makes us work harder and with a great attiude to achieve superior service.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

At your service;

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the weekend with the kids. Actually still here. Last night had a good time at the bar while the kids played games in the room. Spent the day at the boardwalk and ate at t-bone toms..omg so good! A little annoyed they charged our credit card 50 bucks a night for damage deposit and didnt mention it at check in. Also didnt get clean towels until 3pm. Other than that had a good time..comfy beds , room was big enough and the kids enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Ms. Mueller;

Thank you for your recent review and your sentiments about our Hotel, reading your experience is very important for us.

I apologize for the delay with fresh terry, sometimes we do experience problems that make our service get away from Superior Guest Experiences.

I am glad you were able to experience our Sporting News Grill, it's a great place to relax after a long day at the Kemah Boardwalk.

On behalf of our team, I thank you for the review and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

BATON ROUGE, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Arrived on business for a conference, the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself looks new and is very clean. The rooms were relatively large with flat screen tv, cable and free wifi. I wouldn't exactly go on my honeymoon there but it was a very nice hotel for a weekend with the family on the boardwalk. I've stayed at the Boardwalk hotel and you could tell it has been there a little while and needs a little attention.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, February 11, 2013

Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked a King Suite for a romantic anniversary trip... was a lil disappointed. Their Bay view left a lot to be desired. It was close to the boardwalk (but not really an easy walk) which had great restraunts.. No romantic baths for 2 as there was only a shower... but it is a great place to stay if youre taking kids to visit the Boardwalk.. conveniently located between Houston and Galveston.. We did a lot of sight seeing and visiting relatives so this was a great "base camp"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit last December. I do agree with you, our king suites are more suitable for families, and I am sorry your romantic weekend did not go as you expected. I am glad you had time to visit and spend time with families.

If you have plans to come to our area in the near future, please make sure to contact me directly to make your reservations and celebrate your Anniversay again.

Thank you for staying with us, I am looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Manteca, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is awesome. The service is nice and the employees are awesome. The bartender Shannon is especially awesome. Extremely friendly and courteous. In my opinion she is the best bartender that I've ever had. I would completely recommend her to anyone with a craving for a drink or a place to relax and unwind after work or on a day off. Shannon gets a 15 out of 10 in my book she would make drinks and we never were empty, rushed or ignored. As it is I will not step foot into the bar if she is not bartending. Holiday Inn has a very valuable employee on their team and it was serious pleasure spending time there with her waiting on myself and those that were with me. No complaints what so ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Keith Z
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, November 26, 2012
On behalf of our Management Company and our entire team, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Comments likes yours keep us aiming for excellence! Looking forward to serving you in the near future; At your service;
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Most impressed with the high quality of customer service. This was especially noticeable from Laura (front desk) who was most polite, friendly and professional at all times. Also Olga (restaurant) looked after us at breakfast and happy hour drinks exceptionally well.
Excellent location only a ten minute walk to boardwalk.
Lovely accommodation and outside swimming pool. Absolutely no complaints and would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Kemah boardwalk.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank dramarama53
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, November 25, 2012

Looking forward to serving you in the near future;

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I read the reviews and after comparing prices of rooms versus quality (from reviewers) I decided on the Holiday Inn at Kemah. The parking was great. It was extremely close to the door. It was also easy to get to (I would Mapquest it first). You can walk to Kemah Boardwalk but I would just drive. There are a few restaurants within walking distance.

The lobby was clean and modern. The furniture was great. The front desk staff was helpful also. They have a small sundries area where you can buy snacks and accessories you may have forgotten.

I was disappointed with the bar staff (Shannon) at Sporting News Grill. The door to the bar was not unlocked until 4:06 P.M. The bar opens at 4:00 P.M. (I am trying to establish a pattern by pointing this fact out). Shannon continued with her opening procedures (turning on all the TV's, setting up her bar, getting out the drink garnishes) all the while not giving me a menu or asking if I would like a drink. I asked if Shannon would change one of the 7 - 10 TV's to a channel that did NOT have sports on it. I pointed out that I was the only customer there and that she was more than welcome to change it back to sports when any other customers entered. She said that she would have to ask her manager. "Okay, maybe she is new" ,I thought. She finally served me a drink. She disappeared for 5 minutes and then returned. She did not change the channel. I then saw a manager enter the bar area and asked him MYSELF if we could change the channel, and just as I mentioned to Shannon, that we could change it back when any other customers entered the bar area. He said that was just fine. Shannon finally changed the channel and turned up the volume. I feel she was not proactive in assisting the customer. She also had a sullen attitude. When several other customers entered the bar (all men) she seemed to pep up, smile and conversed freely with them. I understand that it's a sports bar but all customers should be TREATED EQUALLY. I hope that is not the way Shannon normally treats customers (especially women) and that it was an off night for her. As far as not being prepared to serve customers, perhaps the bar area should be prepared before 4:00 P.M. (maybe staff should arrive at 4:50 or 4:45) so that customers who are ready may be assisted when the sports bar is supposed to be open.

I would come back to this hotel if I am in the area but I will not be visiting the sports bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen_D680
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)? Share your experiences!