“I thought a King Suite....”

Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked a King Suite for a romantic anniversary trip... was a lil disappointed. Their Bay view left a lot to be desired. It was close to the boardwalk (but not really an easy walk) which had great restraunts.. No romantic baths for 2 as there was only a shower... but it is a great place to stay if youre taking kids to visit the Boardwalk.. conveniently located between Houston and Galveston.. We did a lot of sight seeing and visiting relatives so this was a great "base camp"

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit last December. I do agree with you, our king suites are more suitable for families, and I am sorry your romantic weekend did not go as you expected. I am glad you had time to visit and spend time with families.

If you have plans to come to our area in the near future, please make sure to contact me directly to make your reservations and celebrate your Anniversay again.

Thank you for staying with us, I am looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

At your service;

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is awesome. The service is nice and the employees are awesome. The bartender Shannon is especially awesome. Extremely friendly and courteous. In my opinion she is the best bartender that I've ever had. I would completely recommend her to anyone with a craving for a drink or a place to relax and unwind after work or on a day off. Shannon gets a 15 out of 10 in my book she would make drinks and we never were empty, rushed or ignored. As it is I will not step foot into the bar if she is not bartending. Holiday Inn has a very valuable employee on their team and it was serious pleasure spending time there with her waiting on myself and those that were with me. No complaints what so ever.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Keith Z
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

On behalf of our Management Company and our entire team, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Comments likes yours keep us aiming for excellence! Looking forward to serving you in the near future; At your service;

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Most impressed with the high quality of customer service. This was especially noticeable from Laura (front desk) who was most polite, friendly and professional at all times. Also Olga (restaurant) looked after us at breakfast and happy hour drinks exceptionally well.
Excellent location only a ten minute walk to boardwalk.
Lovely accommodation and outside swimming pool. Absolutely no complaints and would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Kemah boardwalk.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank dramarama53
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Looking forward to serving you in the near future;

At your service;

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I read the reviews and after comparing prices of rooms versus quality (from reviewers) I decided on the Holiday Inn at Kemah. The parking was great. It was extremely close to the door. It was also easy to get to (I would Mapquest it first). You can walk to Kemah Boardwalk but I would just drive. There are a few restaurants within walking distance.

The lobby was clean and modern. The furniture was great. The front desk staff was helpful also. They have a small sundries area where you can buy snacks and accessories you may have forgotten.

I was disappointed with the bar staff (Shannon) at Sporting News Grill. The door to the bar was not unlocked until 4:06 P.M. The bar opens at 4:00 P.M. (I am trying to establish a pattern by pointing this fact out). Shannon continued with her opening procedures (turning on all the TV's, setting up her bar, getting out the drink garnishes) all the while not giving me a menu or asking if I would like a drink. I asked if Shannon would change one of the 7 - 10 TV's to a channel that did NOT have sports on it. I pointed out that I was the only customer there and that she was more than welcome to change it back to sports when any other customers entered. She said that she would have to ask her manager. "Okay, maybe she is new" ,I thought. She finally served me a drink. She disappeared for 5 minutes and then returned. She did not change the channel. I then saw a manager enter the bar area and asked him MYSELF if we could change the channel, and just as I mentioned to Shannon, that we could change it back when any other customers entered the bar area. He said that was just fine. Shannon finally changed the channel and turned up the volume. I feel she was not proactive in assisting the customer. She also had a sullen attitude. When several other customers entered the bar (all men) she seemed to pep up, smile and conversed freely with them. I understand that it's a sports bar but all customers should be TREATED EQUALLY. I hope that is not the way Shannon normally treats customers (especially women) and that it was an off night for her. As far as not being prepared to serve customers, perhaps the bar area should be prepared before 4:00 P.M. (maybe staff should arrive at 4:50 or 4:45) so that customers who are ready may be assisted when the sports bar is supposed to be open.

I would come back to this hotel if I am in the area but I will not be visiting the sports bar.

2  Thank Karen_D680

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our first time in Kemah, Tx. Wanted to be near boardwalk. On check in front desk very rude. At first was impressed with our room. We decide to go to boardwalk for dinner. While out received phone call from hotel about my room. When we returned key cards did not work. When we finally got into room we noticed our stuff was rummaged through and many things stolen. Hotel staff not very helpfull. No manager contact that night. Currently over 4 weeks with no resolution and no funds for over 600$$$$ loss. Beware!

8  Thank Thimios P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Thimios P,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is nice, at great location - walking distance to The Boardwalk. The Lobby is nice, modern look, clean and staff are helpful. Room is small but neat, clean and nicely decorated. But the carpet in escalators need to be cleaned. Pool is small but neat outside of the lobby. Parking lot is big enough for all guests. Wifi is free. Lots of electrical plugs in room. Generally we love this hotel.
However, one big issue we had the day we departed is at The Sport New restaurant. we came down for breakfast around 9:30AM. It is not a rush hour but no staff hosts at the front. We found the empty seat and waited, and waited, and waited. Waiters and waitresses passed by couple of times without asking any thing... Finally, one waitress came over and took order. Believe or not, we waited and waited and waited for more than 15 minutes... The restaurants was not full of guests... Hmmm.... We constantly requested the booster seat for our toddler but no one seemed bother to bring it. My baby ended up to seat on my lap and eat 'cause the table is to high for her. Besides, lots of tables full of glasses and plates with left-over that been eaten by previous guests still there from the time we walked in and walked out... Thus, other guests came in and could not find place to seat down. This is the WORSE restaurant I've ever been. Food is so so with reasonable price. Need to hire more staffs or this place will loose business very soon.
Recommend to stay but not eat. There are lots of places to eat outside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TravellerUSA1971
Mark S, Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out a review and letting us know how we did during your stay. It is always very encouraging to receive great reviews like yours and it is because of guest like you that we are able to know that we are doing the right things for our guests.

Best Regards,

Mark Shearer

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just going blindly on an article about Kemah, TX Boardwalk on our way to Galveston. What a find. It was crowded on a Saturday night before July 4, but compared to the big theme parks, that was fantastic. Small scale, nice rides for young and old. Very afforable. Holiday Inn was exceptional and within walking distance of Boardwalk. I felt very safe.

2  Thank Coffeebeans8

I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out a review and letting us know how we did during your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed Kemah and the Boardwalk. It is always very encouraging to receive great reviews like yours and it is because of guest like you that we are able to know that we are doing the right things for our guests.

Mark Shearer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah

Been to Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)? Share your experiences!