“We got robbed (inside job for sure beware)”

Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our first time in Kemah, Tx. Wanted to be near boardwalk. On check in front desk very rude. At first was impressed with our room. We decide to go to boardwalk for dinner. While out received phone call from hotel about my room. When we returned key cards did not work. When we finally got into room we noticed our stuff was rummaged through and many things stolen. Hotel staff not very helpfull. No manager contact that night. Currently over 4 weeks with no resolution and no funds for over 600$$$$ loss. Beware!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Thimios P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Thimios P,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is nice, at great location - walking distance to The Boardwalk. The Lobby is nice, modern look, clean and staff are helpful. Room is small but neat, clean and nicely decorated. But the carpet in escalators need to be cleaned. Pool is small but neat outside of the lobby. Parking lot is big enough for all guests. Wifi is free. Lots of electrical plugs in room. Generally we love this hotel.
However, one big issue we had the day we departed is at The Sport New restaurant. we came down for breakfast around 9:30AM. It is not a rush hour but no staff hosts at the front. We found the empty seat and waited, and waited, and waited. Waiters and waitresses passed by couple of times without asking any thing... Finally, one waitress came over and took order. Believe or not, we waited and waited and waited for more than 15 minutes... The restaurants was not full of guests... Hmmm.... We constantly requested the booster seat for our toddler but no one seemed bother to bring it. My baby ended up to seat on my lap and eat 'cause the table is to high for her. Besides, lots of tables full of glasses and plates with left-over that been eaten by previous guests still there from the time we walked in and walked out... Thus, other guests came in and could not find place to seat down. This is the WORSE restaurant I've ever been. Food is so so with reasonable price. Need to hire more staffs or this place will loose business very soon.
Recommend to stay but not eat. There are lots of places to eat outside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TravellerUSA1971
Mark S, Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out a review and letting us know how we did during your stay. It is always very encouraging to receive great reviews like yours and it is because of guest like you that we are able to know that we are doing the right things for our guests.

Best Regards,

Mark Shearer

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just going blindly on an article about Kemah, TX Boardwalk on our way to Galveston. What a find. It was crowded on a Saturday night before July 4, but compared to the big theme parks, that was fantastic. Small scale, nice rides for young and old. Very afforable. Holiday Inn was exceptional and within walking distance of Boardwalk. I felt very safe.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Coffeebeans8

I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out a review and letting us know how we did during your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed Kemah and the Boardwalk. It is always very encouraging to receive great reviews like yours and it is because of guest like you that we are able to know that we are doing the right things for our guests.

Mark Shearer

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We checked into the south shore harbour and were not pleased. I called the holiday inn Kemah and thu found us rooms! Great, fresh and clean hotel. Kiersten at the front desk was very nice and charlene in the restaurant was very nice and worked very hard. Loved our stay. Very close to Kemah and our kids eat FREE

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Momzroc
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Headed to Kemah for a quick get-away with the Honey and took in the Star Fleet Cruises Fireworks trip. The Holiday Inn was new construction, staff was courteous and the bed was very comfortable. Rooms are nice sized with modern amenities. Lots of electrical hook-ups and free wifi. Bathroom is modern and attractive, shower is a low-lipped walk-in affair and water pressure and temp were consistant. Fair price for a tourist area. Pool has a lovely view of Hwy 146, but was well maintained.

Room Tip: Go for Height - stay on 5th floor and see the Bay and yacht basin
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikesth
Reviewed June 3, 2012

In short good priced hotel. Clean modern. I have stayed there on two occasions for 6 days.
However last stay we agreed 1 night midweek would be complimentary as I was staying in another hotel for 1night and would save me checking out and back in. This was confirmed twice.
Now they say the conversation never happened. Bacsically I made it up, the manager refused to acknowledge my conversation with her.
Dissapointing.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank putoguiri
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here for a week in March 2012, room was lovely, think I was in a deluxe suite. Huge bed, I'm 6"1' and could lay any way I wanted and not be dangling off the bed.
Shower was a bit of a pain to work as it was either freezing or boiling, I just accepted it for what it was. No bottled water in the room which I found a bit odd as I've had that at most other hotels I've been at.
Towels and room cleaned daily.

I'd go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank domkj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)? Share your experiences!