“Decent place - good food”
Review of Red Sushi

Red Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 77 Restaurants in Kemah

Nice ambiance.
OK Staff.

Will go here again.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I love Red's. We even have a table we call "our table". The last time we went in we had a card given to us by our waiter at Red's on a previous visit saying we could have a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an entree. We ordered happy hour appetizers and then my husband ordered an entree, listed under entrees on the menu and I was going to have the free appetizer at that time. There were several trips back to the table by our waiter basically saying they were not going to honor the coupon because even though my husband's Chicken Fried Rice was listed under entrees they didn't consider it an entree. We were insulted to be treated this way since we were not only repeat customers but a Landry's cardholder. The food at Red's is outstanding and the atmosphere is nice. To save a few dollars ($10) by not honoring a coupon isn't a good way to keep repeat customers coming back.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is probably the only relaxing restaurant on the Kemah Boardwalk. It is a small staffed restaurant and it doesn't have the corporate feel to it. All the servers are genuinely friendly. Food is ok, but not the best.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Very romantic, dimly lit. Great happy hour sushi and drinks. Great service. We will be going back.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I wait tables for a Landry's owned restaraunt here in Houston and it blows my mind at the lack of training the staff at Red Sushi has had. And not only do they know very little about good customer service, they are also very rude. So here is what to expect when you go to this restaraunt. 1) No hostess at the door to greet you, so you will probably stand there for a good 15 minutes before someone notices you even though the restaraunt is almost always empty. 2) I guarantee you will wait for atleast 20 to 30 minutes before being greeted by your server, and then another 20 minutes before you see your drinks. He/She will then disappear for another 30 minutes before coming back to take your order. 3) After placing your order YOU WILL wait at least an hour before seeing your food, and if you order anything that is supposed to be hot expect it to be lukewarm or cold..even the sake. 4) Dont expect your waitor to return to your table to fill your drinks, take dirty dishes or check to see how you are doing, it just doesnt happen and dont ask the little hispanic guy who fills up your water every 10 seconds for anything either because he cant speak english. 5) And finally, when it's time for your check expect to pay WAYYY too much money for the crappy experience you just had. Oh and dont try to ask questions about the bill unless you want a bad attitude from your waitor. If you ask me its almost like all the employees just stand around in the back doing absolutely nothing. If this werent the only sushi place I could get for half price, I would not go. So for those of you who are paying full price go to Ichibon down the street, you will recieve better food and service all for around the same price.