“location the ONLY saving grace for this place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kemah

Days Inn Kemah
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Chicago, Illinois
“location the ONLY saving grace for this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just spent a weekend there-found it online with search of area. 30 minutes from airport, just a few minutes from Kemah Boardwalk and a few minutes from local school where we were attending a dance recital so location was great - very few miles put on car. BUT......The room was reasonably clean(did have a large whole in a blanket however) but everything else in this place was filthy! The elevator was never swept - same papers, crumbs etc in corner on Monday when we checked out as were there when we checked i n on Friday. Footprints on the interior of the elevator door were never cleaned off. Looks like staff never went in the elevator at all. Carpettng in hallways was old and dirty. Continental breakfast should have had some more fruit than a few apples. That floor also needed a good sweeping. "Fitness" room had a non working treadmill. When we inquired about it to the "manager" at the front desk(WHEN you could ever find him at the desk and not hanging out with buddies in the breakfast room or smoking outside) he said he didnt know anything about it but a kid was overhearing the conversation said it had been like that for a long time. Manager said he would report it to the corporate office but "they dont really do anything" Not a very positive image to project of your
employer in addition to incredibly awful customer service!! The other manager on duty "Patel" (although that was always the name listed as manager on duty and the younger man was definitely not a Patel) was at least more customer friendly - brought out more muffins to the breakfast room when asked to and even printed out our boarding passes for us. But of course that was because the hookup to the computer in the lobby area was not working.
I have stayed at Super 8 chain in several other states and this one was by far the dirtiest I had ever seen. Thankfully we just slept and showered and were out most of the time and location was great but that was only plus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have to admit I was totally surprised when I saw the rooms in this hotel, I always had the bad idea about Super 8 but this one in particular in near League city/Kemah on I-45 I have to say it exceeded my expectations. Rooms were so big and nice and most of all clean. Breakfast was ok, normal like any other hotel in the same category but rooms were excellent. Location is also convenient since it is located right by 1-45. We were going in a cruise and hotels in Galveston were very expensive during the weekend so we decided to stay in Kemah and drive next day to Galveston and it was an wise choice. We to Kemah board walk that night and next day we left to Galveston to take our CRUISE.
I will stay in that hotel again,
Rate was super excellent $56/nt.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ahmed E
Kemah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The hotel, the whole hotel, needs a good cleaning. Dining area was dirty; there was no "real" fresh fruit". There was milk spillage from the day before on the counter, and there were little bugs around the syrup.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Kemah hotels

Kemah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The pictures online were good, the reviews were mixed. The only two pros I have for this place is A) it is less than half the price of other hotels in Kemah and B) it's a place to sleep.

We got to the Super 8 and things were going well. They said they had a pool, a hot tub, a fitness room, and breakfast. Great! Right before we left the front counter the guy said you might not want to use the hot tub, it's pretty nasty. We shrugged and left to the room.

We got on the elevator and it stunk, it was an odd stench. We got out on our floor and it stunk there too. Like rotten Indian food. The carpets were nasty, someone needs to rip it out. We got to the room and it smelled a little like smoke. The blanket threading was taken apart on top in many places. I'm not a complainer, none of this really bothers me that much. I went to take a shower in the morning and there was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain. The "white" towels had some splotches on them. We went down to look at the pool and the hot tub was indeed greenish. The pool had TONS of chlorine in it, to the point it had a whiteish tint to it and the smell was very strong. The fitness room has a cheap treadmill and a small weight machine. The room is tiny, like a one person gym. And it STUNK, I couldn't stand to be in there.

On to the breakfast. Their gourmet breakfast included a waffle machine, some yogurt, and some cereal. This is fine... I wasn't expecting eggs, biscuits and gravy, ect, because I wasn't at Holiday Inn. The waffle iron refused to cook the waffle all the way. It was still gooey in the middle. I tried cooking it for longer but it just beeped. The waffle was sour. It was VERY obvious that premixed waffle mix was spoiled.

Really guys? Maybe if there were only one or two problems on this list we would be ok, but really? Everything I stated here was VERY obvious if you would just open your eyes.

It's also obvious that these people do not care about their hotel. I stayed here because there were some five star reviews, but I was skeptical because of so many one star reviews. Like I said, I'm not a picky person. I just need a place to sleep. At the very least we had a king suite - I expect not to have a moldy shower curtain.

Pay a little more for a nicer hotel. The better hotels are also closer to the water/closer to the boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Boardwalk Inn
#4 of 5 in Kemah
3.0 of 5 stars 15 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Seabrook

Been to Days Inn Kemah? Share your experiences!