WINNER WONDERLAND

“Just me!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Kemah

Days Inn Kemah
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kemah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gatesville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This appears to be a new hotel. The staff is pleasant. Breakfast was poor, Make your own waffles, some muffins and fruit loops. When we were there during the week, not many guests seemed to be at the breakfast. The rooms are nice. I really can't stand flat pillows, but that seems to be the norm, at least at the hotels I seem to stay at. The good thing is that this hotel had three pillows on each bed. Did not use the pool, or fitness center. Did use the guest laundry, the washer and dryer worked fine. The two nights we stayed the elevator could have used a cleaning. The floor of the elevator was dirty, and it looked like someone had spilled a drink on the inside of the elevator door. The room that we stayed in had a odd odor when you came into the room. It did seem to be less strong after we turned on the air conditioning unit. The AC unit was off when we arrived.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Allen C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while waiting to move into our home for about 12days. It was clean, staff was awesome. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jstbeachy7
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel this past weekend and its was nice the only problem we had was we went to dinner and returned to the hotel but couldnt enter our room the key would not work we were given 3 other keys that didnt work but once the clerk came up the master key worked fine. The last morning of our stay there was a Hugh bug in the bathroom sink ....I dont know what kind it was but overall it was nice and clean.....

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank dana121
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We tried booking for this hotel a week before our arrival date. When we book online, it said that there was no rooms avaiable at this property, so I didn't bother to book anywhere else since rates in that weekend seems to be high. Fast forward a week later, I got a call from a guy from Super 8 Kemah saying that I will be charged for one night. It caught me off guard because I don't remember successfully booking or receive any confirmation for my reservation. I explained him my situation, but he became rude and say regardless he will charge me for one night. I asked for the manager but he wouldn't transfer. So beware when you book online for this place when it say no rooms avaiable, your reservation WILL go thru, so best is to call them to see!

Room Tip: Beware of booking online, it may say No Rooms Avaiable, but it will still go thru and won't give...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RamadaWyn
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Close to Kemah boardwalk and not far from Galveston Island. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Kelela_12
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

This was, without question, the worst experience I have ever had when it comes to hotels/motels. I still don't know what was worse: the fact that my wife, 4-year old daughter and I awoke with bedbug bites from our shoulders to our ankles or the fact that the manager told us that the rental contract "does not guarantee that there won't be bedbugs in your mattress."
Our room was dark and our towels were dingy. We were prepared to overlook these two things, but not the bedbugs!
No way were we going to stay for the prepaid second night.
When we complained to the desk clerk (and showed him our bites) he cancelled our second night and agreed that there would not be a charge for our stay. When the manager came on duty, he stated that the only way there would be no charge is if we agreed not to say anything negative about his establishment (how insulting!) Needless to say, we rejected his offer.
They are rude, insensitive and couldn't care less about the comfort and wellbeing of their guests.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank 3DLee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
No photo provided
Palace Inn Kemah
#4 of 5 in Kemah
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook

Been to Days Inn Kemah? Share your experiences!