“Horrible service”
Review of Days Inn Kemah

Days Inn Kemah
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We tried booking for this hotel a week before our arrival date. When we book online, it said that there was no rooms avaiable at this property, so I didn't bother to book anywhere else since rates in that weekend seems to be high. Fast forward a week later, I got a call from a guy from Super 8 Kemah saying that I will be charged for one night. It caught me off guard because I don't remember successfully booking or receive any confirmation for my reservation. I explained him my situation, but he became rude and say regardless he will charge me for one night. I asked for the manager but he wouldn't transfer. So beware when you book online for this place when it say no rooms avaiable, your reservation WILL go thru, so best is to call them to see!

Room Tip: Beware of booking online, it may say No Rooms Avaiable, but it will still go thru and won't give...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrT972

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Close to Kemah boardwalk and not far from Galveston Island. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kelela_12
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

This was, without question, the worst experience I have ever had when it comes to hotels/motels. I still don't know what was worse: the fact that my wife, 4-year old daughter and I awoke with bedbug bites from our shoulders to our ankles or the fact that the manager told us that the rental contract "does not guarantee that there won't be bedbugs in your mattress."
Our room was dark and our towels were dingy. We were prepared to overlook these two things, but not the bedbugs!
No way were we going to stay for the prepaid second night.
When we complained to the desk clerk (and showed him our bites) he cancelled our second night and agreed that there would not be a charge for our stay. When the manager came on duty, he stated that the only way there would be no charge is if we agreed not to say anything negative about his establishment (how insulting!) Needless to say, we rejected his offer.
They are rude, insensitive and couldn't care less about the comfort and wellbeing of their guests.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank 3DLee
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have booked this hotel twice already. We got settled in our room fast and easy... and by the pool. The room was clean, fridge was clean, everything was in excellent condition. I'd take extra towels, tho. I agree with the pool comment...the water's a bit chilly, tho the pool room is nicely warmed up. My kids were trembling and ended up in the hot tub instead. It's a short driving distance to the Kemah Boardwalk, Walmart, Target, Wing Stop, Taco Cabana.Their comp. breakfast included Texas sized fluffy waffles, muffins, coffee, fruit, and orange juice. Be aware it books up fast during special events. We nearly missed a room during this years Crawfish Fest. I'd visit Tookie's Hamburgers (we found our burger spot) short drive across the bridge! I'd take my family to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MGHouston
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My son and I stayed here and it was clean, comfortable, staff was extremely nice. I have never stayed at a Super 8 before but this one really surprised me. It was very nice - pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Wahoocatcher
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I booked the room online and had no problems with check in. The hotel is very clean and new. Staff were very friendly. Our room was very clean. I liked the modern furnishings. My daughter and I used the pool. Water was a little cold but we had a good time. Breakfast included waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, honeybuns fruit, coffee, and juice- great assortment. My daughter enjoyed making fresh waffles. The onsite guest laundry was a nice bonus. The hotel is located 27 miles from Galveston and was very reasonably priced. Just down the road from the Kemah Boardwalk and plenty of restaurants. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KSTrekkie
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is my second stay at this establishment and both times the service has been friendly, the rooms have been clean and the price has always been right for the amount of time my daughter and I have stayed. They also offer a continental style breakfast that offers fresh fruits and muffins. Alex, one of the reception desk workers is very nice and friendly as well. Every time we visit Kemah we will always stay here...plus its just minutes away from the Kemah Boardwalk! If you every visit Kemah...STAY HERE!!! You wont be disappointed!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank oreo1378
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
1 mi away
#4 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
5 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston

Been to Days Inn Kemah? Share your experiences!