“Would go back again”

Opus Bistro
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: On the corner of the canal and Oak Road which is the main entrance to Clear Lake Shores just before the bridge into Clear Lake Shores, a small community on the lake.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had 7 adults and 2 small children (wish we could have had a sitter--not great place for kids) for family birthday party. Excellent service, good food well prepared, not rushed. We were upstairs with a lovely view. Definitely fine dining.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a little non descript hole in the wall that is very well done.
Perfect size with a local feel.

Waterfront, if you can call it that, with an outdoor patio area.
Located on the end of a small channel, the restaurant is well done inside, and is very pleasant.
Most of the action is at the bar, but the remainder of the restaurant is cozy for conversation.

So you can sit at the bar and be a social butterfly or catch a table and be more intimate.

The food was very good, crab cakes best I have ever had.

The service was perfect, actually better than Commander's Palace.

1  Thank SunandSkiers
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is the second time I've eaten here and brought two of my daughters to celebrate Christmas in March, don't ask we've been busy. I will suggest reservations if you want a table before 8 or 9 O'clock they are always busy. The atmosphere was great, the service was exceptually good and the food was excellent. We had an oppurtunity to meet & greet the owners who were very friendly and welcoming toward us. I highly recommend you try it next time you are in Kemah.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to me by a perfect stranger while we were waiting for our vehicles to be serviced! As we were talking, I mentioned that my husband and I love to go to Kemah and eat at the area restaurants on the water. He said if we really wanted a great place that was off the beaten path, try Opus Bistro. So when my sister and brother-in-law were down for a visit, my husband and I took them to Opus. It was the first visit for the four of us and it did not disappoint. We sat on the deck, which faces the channel, and started with Lobster Bisque. It was the BEST I've ever eaten!!!! It's creamy and you get a bite of lobster in almost every spoonful. For the entrée, we tried the Red Snapper with Shrimp and Crabmeat. It was scrumptious!!!! We finished the meal with Bananas Foster dessert......that was phenomenal! This little jewel is definitely worth the drive.......wherever you live!!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2014