“Best restaurant in Kemah”
Review of Opus Bistro

Opus Bistro
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: On the corner of the canal and Oak Road which is the main entrance to Clear Lake Shores just before the bridge into Clear Lake Shores, a small community on the lake.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great service,super food. If you are looking for upscale restaurant in Kemah this is it. I hope they continue to keep up...Servers was very friendly and professional.

1  Thank mattmatttx

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Don't let the outside trick you into thinking this is not where you want to be. Inside you will find the quality of any fine dining establishment in Houston metro. Local owners provide the best dining experience in our area. This is where locals go for a great meal and service beyond compare. As someone who cringes when the waitstaff asks " how are you guys tonight? What can we get you guys started with?" , I relax the moment my waiter pulls my chair,placed my napkin, and asks " what may I bring you, ma'am". You waiter remember your drink and usually has it waiting.
I have dined with my husband alone and held a dinner for 40 , the service and quality never lacked.my bill has ranged from $75 to $4,000 and each time, worth every penny.

1  Thank jewelryjunki
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We tried Opus Bistro while in the Kemah area overnight celebrating our anniversary based upon Tripadvisor rating. First of all the food was very good, if not excellent.We had a filet mignon with potatoes and cream spinach and a special feature of Walleye with lump crab meat on top with a sauce with the same potatoes.Both were very good and the medium filet was cooked as it should be. The Walleye was something different for this area, but is not a regular menu item.The server ,Steve, was attentive and knowledgeable, but casual without seeming too familiar. The place is small and not impressive from the outside as mentioned in other reviews here, The dining area has white table cloths and candles but that is where the dressing up ends.It has a large window overlooking a canal off of the lake with boat slips but also overlooks some apartments. The Patio is large and would be nice in cool weather or late evening, but they really need to dress it up with some plants and some rope lighting, etc. because it is very bare and basic.
Now the downside. The bar is too close to the dining tables and there is a regular bar crowd of locals that shows up every evening that are greeted by one another upon approaching the bar..."Norm!!"!!
We had one drunk bar patron approach our table and tell us he felt he needed to introduce himself . Later he returned and pulled up a chair from another table nearby which I quickly put an end to explaining very kindly but very firmly that we were having a private dinner evening.We are not uptight so it was just a brief annoyance that never again occured! But the place is small to start with and the bar is just too close and doesn't lend itself to a romantic special evening which it could be with some changes.By the way the background music is pleasant with some classic nightclub music.
Overall, we enjoyed our dinner but really could not reccomend this place to any friends.

1  Thank chext57
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our first time visiting, restaurant had a very nice ambiance and has outdoor seating as well. Our Server was excellent, wine selection was good. Caesar salad was very good. Veal was just OK, vegetables were not hot enough, felt it had been sitting on the line before it came out. I would visit again and select other items on menu to see if the food is better on the seafood side. Would recommend reservations if you go on a Friday evening as the restaurant was very busy.

1  Thank 22Hoteltraveler
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The service is top notch and with a smile! The view of the marina is nice to watch while sipping wine and eating a good meal. The food was good, but I have to say it did not make my taste buds explode! But that's okay, it was still delicious and I will definitely go back! This is quite a hidden gem, I had no idea it was there and am glad to have found it.