“Enjoyed.”

Opus Bistro
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: On the corner of the canal and Oak Road which is the main entrance to Clear Lake Shores just before the bridge into Clear Lake Shores, a small community on the lake.
Houston, Texas
“Enjoyed.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our first time visiting, restaurant had a very nice ambiance and has outdoor seating as well. Our Server was excellent, wine selection was good. Caesar salad was very good. Veal was just OK, vegetables were not hot enough, felt it had been sitting on the line before it came out. I would visit again and select other items on menu to see if the food is better on the seafood side. Would recommend reservations if you go on a Friday evening as the restaurant was very busy.

1 Thank 22Hoteltraveler

Houston, TX
“Nice View!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The service is top notch and with a smile! The view of the marina is nice to watch while sipping wine and eating a good meal. The food was good, but I have to say it did not make my taste buds explode! But that's okay, it was still delicious and I will definitely go back! This is quite a hidden gem, I had no idea it was there and am glad to have found it.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent Meal and Atmosphere Away from the Chaotic Boardwalk”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I decided to head down to the boardwalk on July 4th and ended up leaving less than an hour later because of the chaos. I did a quick search on my phone for nearby restaurants and Opus was the highest rated. It took us a few minutes to get there because of all the road closures due to 4th of July traffic, but it is perfectly located on the water on the other side of 146 in a quiet neighborhood and was well worth the short drive.

We sat on the patio against the water where our 1 yr old could run around a little without bothering too many people, and it was perfect. The patio was shaded from the afternoon sun, and had a nice breeze. Overall it was an excellent atmosphere. The inside (white tablecloth) seemed to be a little more formal, but the attire was mixed both inside and out. We were wearing nice shorts and shirts and were not out of place at all.

Our server was very cordial and knowledgeable and was able to accommodate both my very picky non-seafood-eating wife and myself (who will eat just about anything).

We started with the artichoke which was locally sourced and very good. We weren't sure about it at first, and it ended up being an excellent choice for an appetizer. My wife had a couple of mixed drinks and I had a couple of glasses of Cabernet recommended by the waiter, and all drinks were excellent. My wife had the fetuccini alfredo with grilled chicken and I had an off-the-menu concoction created by our waiter that was something along the lines of blackened snapper with jumbo lump crab and grilled shrimp on top with a side of scalloped potatoes and sauteed carrots. The seafood was fresh and flavorful and cooked to perfection. The sauteed carrots were one of the best sides I've ever had anywhere. My wife has eaten at least a hundred different pasta/chicken dishes around the country at nice restaurants and she said this was one of the best.

I've had 20+ over-priced disappointing meals in the Kemah area, and we were so pleased to find a place that had a nice layed-back atmosphere, excellent food, and good drinks all at very fair prices. We will definitely be back and I would highly recommend you give them a try.

Seabrook, Texas
“Any ratings lower than ZERO?”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had heard of Opus for some time, but had not visited. Now I wish I could still say that. Started off with BAD martini's. Gibson means cocktail onions NOT the onion juice in the drink. Steak Diane was actually over peppered, plus meat was over done. Our server Michelle seemed very disinterested and obviously needs to understand that this is a craft. Watched as three tables which ordered after the two of us received their meals 10-15 min before ours. The only thing that was good was the sunrise tomato salad. Obviously this place survives on the intoxicated boater crowd.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MBS1880
Taylor Lake Village, Texas
“Wonderful Ambience and Amazing Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have eaten at most of the restaurants at the Kemah Boardwalk and always have had to wait in long lines and have been disappointed with the food and service. The Opus Bistro is a little further down from the Kemah Boardwalk Restaurants. I would highly recommend eating here. I can truly say the service, ambiance and food value compared to those restaurants in the Boardwalk is much better. Amazing food, service and wonderful view of waterfront. Our first time there we didn't make reservations but were seated quickly. (I do recommend making reservations especially Fridays and Saturdays) They have a great bar and nice selections of wines. They have wonderful outdoor dining and a deck upstairs. The staff is attentive, our waitress was Diane, she was knowledgeable in the specials that evening and was friendly and personable. I selected a soft shell crab with asparagus that was delicious. My husband selected NY strip and that was cooked perfectly. My daughter had the Shrimp and Scallop Victoria with a delicious paprika creme sauce over angel hair pasta, very yummy! For dessert I highly recommend the Bananas Foster, we should have ordered only a half order since three could have easily eaten the full serving. My daughter had the creme brulee also delicious. We definitely will be back!!!

• Visited June 2013