“Always a fun time!”

$59.00*
Houston CityPASS
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Kemah
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40-acre waterfront area with rides and entertainment for the whole family.
Houston, Texas
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Always a fun time!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We went for an afternoon and evening during the week. It was so empty! We barely had to wait for any rides. I love that there is so much for the younger kids to do. Our favorites are the train ride and Ferris wheel! I can imagine that it might not be that fun for older teenagers with only a few "thrill" rides available. I love that everything is so close, and it's very easy to get around. My only complaint is that there are no water fountains anywhere that we could find, and at $3.50 for a bottle of water it gets pricy on a hot August afternoon. We learned our lesson and will bring more of our own water next time!

2 Thank Celisa H

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Busy, paid parking, not bad but not my first choice.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Overall Kemah Boardwalk is a decent place with plenty of choices to eat and some entertainment. However, given how busy it is and the fact that you almost certainly have to pay to park, its not my favorite choice for entertainment in this area. If its close by its worth visiting but I personally wouldn’t cross Houston to get here.

There are plenty of things to do to keep you busy for a few hours but given some of the other beautiful places in the Houston/ Clearlake area this is just an OK Choice..

The Takeaway:

The Good:
* Typical Gulf life, seafood, entertainment, crowds on the waterfront.
* Rides if that is what you are looking for
* Family entertainment like the aquarium

The Bad:
* Paid Parking unless you luck out and get one of the very few free spots
* The crowds... again, this can be good or bad depending on what you are looking for. This is a BUSY area.

The Takeaway - If you’re in the area go for it but it is not my first choice to spend a day in the area.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JeramieOK
ft worth
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Kemah Rules”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went on Friday,August 15 2014, noon time.It rained for an hour,we dried off,it rained for another hour,we dried off,and the rest of the day was perfect!! We bought the all day ride pass for our 8 year old grandson,and he rode every ride,walked out of the exit,and went right back to the front of the line on every ride,NO WAIT TIME. Lots of things to do for every age group. My husband wasn't too thrilled about going,but once we got there,he had the best time. A word of warning to THE SISTERS,IF YOU RIDE THE BOARDWALK BEAST BRING A SHOWER CAP AND DON'T GET YOUR HAIR DONE THE DAY BEFORE. :)YOU WILL GET WET!!!!!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“On business trip... why not ride a roller coaster?”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had to work in the area and after work I stopped by the place, since I was to Coney Island just a few weeks ago and how could I pass up a ride on a wooden coaster. I did not expect much. However.. this little beast is quite a ride. I would have liked to do it a few more times but I was dressed in business attire and not quite fit for the Texas heat. I ate meh food at one of the places but it hit the spot and was no worse than other places. A good distraction.

Katy, Texas, United States
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Awesome outing”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very fun place for the kids, merchandise is expensive but the rides were fun. Keep in mind to bring sunscreen and plenty of water. There is a new zipline ride called the Iron Eagle that was great fun. Plan for traffic and crowds. Great on a hot day, wear swimming clothes and sandals as there is a splash pad over by the aquarium.