“Very busy!”

and up
Houston City Sightseeing Tour with Round-Trip Transport to Kemah Boardwalk
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Kemah
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40-acre waterfront area with rides and entertainment for the whole family.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The free fireworks show was lots of fun. There was plenty of room for a large crowd and people were very friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I loved it. The rides looked like a lot of fun but I didn't get a chance to go on any. The line to get tickets was extremely long. It was a Friday night though, so it's to be expected. They also have day long passes to ride rides all day.

There are also great resturants and wonderful views of the water. They have fireworks on Friday and Saturday nights.

It was just a very fun experience. Plus, it is free to go onto the boardwalk. (Pleasure pier has a fee just to enter.)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

we had fun even thou we had to go in and out of the rain the beast was lots of fun, the kids like the rides here but we didn't get to ride all the rides. Some of the lines are so long but I guess that's every park you go to. At least they have stores to shop and cool off in the food there is not bad just depends on what you prefer.

1  Thank Andrea F
Reviewed July 28, 2013

When our family said we were going to Kemah for the evening (after a day trip to Nasa) I was expecting something pretty tacky and messy, for boardwalks are not famed for their 'classiness'. But I was wrong wrong wrong!

I really was surprised at just how NICE Kemah boardwalk is! It's as well maintained as any Disney park (or better!) - I hardly saw a piece of litter, and everythign was beautifully landscaped and designed. It was definitely very upscale for a boardwalk. My family said they used to come a lot when they were little, and I can see why - it's a great place for small kids, with a piazza with water fountains to play in, and lots of seating, and some nice cafes and kiosks, as well as restaurants (we ate indoors at the Aquarium restaurant was it was too early - ie, hot! - to eat outdoors). But after dinner we wandered along the boardwalk, saw the boats coming in, the sun set and the moon rise over the gulf, with the little lights of oil platforms far out to sea. It was cool and lovely and I would definitely go again. The funfare was very nice too, very prettily laid out, very tidy, no litter, and definitely not tacky. It also felt very safe.

Overall it was a really pleasant surprise, and if anyone is doubtful I can assure them that it really is not the slightest bit tacky or 'downmarket' (and I really hate tacky, littered places!). So if you are in Houston and see the Kemah brochures, do NOT be worried that it won't be a really nice place to go to (I know I sounds gushing, but I mean my praise wholeheartedly, as I was just so, so surprised at how nice it was!) (it had a lovely 'old fashioned' feel to it in the best possible sense of the word!)

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited Kemah after touring the Space Center for 7 hours. Needless to say we didn't have a lot of energy to walk around outside and ride the rides. We did enjoy a good dinner (all Landry restaurants) which if you purchase the Houston City Pass check the passbook for a discount on your meal. It has a great view of the Bay. Using the city pass is good however you still have to wait in line to get your wristband to ride any rides. The wristbands are based on height as well. We rode the train after dinner, enjoyed some of the street performers and walked the boardwalk before leaving.