“Valentines Day”

$59.00*
Houston CityPASS
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Kemah
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40-acre waterfront area with rides and entertainment for the whole family.
Alvin, Texas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Valentines Day”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We decided to go here for Valentines Day. It was romantic while we walked along the pier and we had our pictures taken a couple of times. We had a nice time. The rides are good, but I am not into anything that goes too high or fast LOL...We went up on the tower and rode the train. It was cold but my Husband walked thru the water anyway and got missed. We ate at Saltgrass and had a fun time out.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lafayette, Louisiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Boardwalk is a nice place to visit, I found it a bit pricey though. I went with my boyfriend, I believe this place is more fun for a family with kids though. Also, we went on a weekday, early afternoon so it wasn't busy at all. I bet it's a lot of fun on weekends. Anyway, it was nice to have lunch there and then spend a couple hours just walking around, sit on one of those benches and enjoy the view.

Visited January 2013
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit for a short time”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Was a decent place to take my wife for a walk, but all of the fun attractions don't open till half way through the day. So if you're into rides and carnival stuff, check it out, but don't bother coming before noon.

Visited February 2013
Texarkana, Texas
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 248 helpful votes
“Restaurants and Carnival Rides on Galveston Bay”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friend from North Carolina was visiting Houston for the first time and asked if I could take her down to the Gulf of Mexico at Galveston since she had never seen the Gulf before. We were also visiting a friend from Colorado, and she asked to visit her husband's stepmother in Baytown. I suggested we compromise since our time was limited, and the Kemah Boardwalk would be where they could see Galveston Bay, a large body of saltwater, connected to the Gulf of Mexico, and it wasn't too far from Baytown. We arrived in Kemah around noon on an overcast, windy day in January, but it wasn't bad, with the temperature around 60 degrees. I had been to Kemah before, in June, on a late afternoon, when the place is packed with people, enjoying the restaurants, amusements, and watching the pleasure craft sailing in and out of Clear Creek on their way to Galveston Bay. At noon on January just a few people were walking around, and the rides were being repaired, and not operating, but at least they got to see Galveston Bay. The Bay is so big you can't see the other side, and my friend said that it was good enough for her. She didn't need to see the actual Gulf of Mexico that day. Also Starbucks was open, and we sat outside and enjoyed chatting and drinking tea and coffee. They enjoyed the hour we spent there, but I hope they have a chance to come back in the Spring or Summer, when the place is really alive with people. Then it seems like you are in a little section of Disney World, with out having to pay the huge entrance fees.

Visited January 2013
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun but Pricey”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I live nearby and it's always fun to go enjoy the atmosphere. It is a little theme park type deal where they have rides, games, restaurants, shops and a small 3-d film. During the summer they have whats called "Rock the Dock." They have live performances on Thursday nights with local area bands. It is a great atmosphere! The only downside is the price. The rides are so expensive individually that you might as well buy a wristband for unlimited rides. You would pay about 5 dollars a ride or about $30 for the wristband. If you live in the area and have some extra cash, I would try it out.

Visited September 2012