“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE WASTE OF MONEY & TIME!!!”
Review of Star Fleet Yachts

Star Fleet Yachts
Ranked #6 of 10 Outdoor Activities in Kemah
More attraction details
Owner description: This fleet of Kemah Yachts is available for Corporate Events, Weddings and Celebrations for up to 375 Guests. Individuals may purchase tickets on line for cruises on weekends, holidays and special events.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE WASTE OF MONEY & TIME!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!! ALL HYPE! I wanted to do something with my fiancee that was special since it was our first New Year's so I spent $134 x 2 for the cruise, plus taxes, plus overnight room of $150 (overnight stay was awesome). HORRIBLE CRUISE!!!! We were packed liked sardines into a small table of four and there were 6 of us and no way to sit on either end!

Zero elbow room, extremely umcomfortable and embarassing as we kept touching the people next to us with every move we made! People stuffed into a table behind us so close that we couldn’t move our chairs to go get the buffet! Buffet....what a joke! We were only about the 20th people seated on the boat of about 50 to 60, and went to get food, the shrimp was already gone and only mouse food existed...veggies, 1 dip, lettuce leaves with something that promptly fell out when lifted, some beanie-weanie type fare, some mushrooms and nothing much else!! I waited all day to eat and get this??!! The drinks were just as bad! The wine was worse than 2 buck chuck and totally not for consumption, not even a taste! The Mimosas; I couldn’t even distinguish what they were made out of and were also tasteless. So I got straight champagne and it was liquid cardboard! So I had to drink beer,,,,,yuk,,,,I didn’t pay top dollar for beer!

The entertainment was strictly for 20 and younger! All techno, rap & total crap – no dancing to add to our memorable night!!! In 3 hrs. of misery we heard 2 songs we actually knew but by then we and everyone around us were totally miserable! Hungry, dehydrated and ZERO entertainment.

Our complaints were met with canned responses of “we’re sorry”......and YES they were....SORRY! Sorry cruise, sorry food, sorry drinks, sorry entertainment, SORRY, horrible evening!!! We are definitely going to spread the word, DON’T DO IT!! At least a good movie on the sofa at home with popcorn is a vacation compared to this! Merry 2013 to me and my fiancee and our wallet!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited January 2013
14 Thank Lee M

league city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“starfleet cruise-what a mistake”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I purchased tickets for the Starfleet New Years EVE CRUISE, for $134/per plus $15 to guarantee a window seT. We were a party of 4. They advertised serving Heavy appetizers, which included shrimp cocktail, etc. The ship was booked with 70 plus passengers. I small tray serving approximately 20 was served. When the plate emptied within 5 minutes, more shrimp were requested. A staff member stated no more shrimp was available because "Passengers had taken more than what was expected". The next 2 1/2 hours we were left rabbit food. Carrots, celery. Cherry tomatoes, broken crackers and cheese. The complementary wine and champagne was not drinkable. I should have read the posted reviews, the food was horrible. When the ship docked our party of 4 went to Denny's. Fooled once but never again.

Visited January 2013
14 Thank elaine k
Beaumont, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

A group of us 5 friends went on the "dinner theatre" cruise on July 28th to celebrate a birthday. Total cost was $427. It was a TOTAL waste of time. The food was unable to be eaten. Hot foods were not hot, cold foods were not cold. I threw up until 4 am! I have eaten in many 3rd world countries and I had better food in a 3rd world country. Entertainment was a joke. We were expecting to be entertained. A group of 5th graders could have done a better job! One of the friends ordered a margarita and was brought a brown drink. When she asked the waiter about it he told her there was a large party before our cruise and they were out of a lot of drinks so they just mixed something up. REALLY! Our server was serving about 60 people, he said they were short some people. Tables were too close together, one of my friends had to sit with a 2 inch gap between tables and try to eat there. There were other people at our table and one lady had medical issues and she wasn't able to eat the food. Her and her husband were celebrating their anniversary. They called ahead of time and they said they would provide her a different meal. They FORGOT!! So for her anniversary she got to watch her husband and all of us eat. After about an hour into our cruise we went back to the dock, spent about 10 minutes docking, asked what was going on and they said they had forgotten someone's vegetarian meal and they were picking it up. We were happy to think now our lady at our table would get her food. Nope, it was for someone else. So disorganized. Honestly, this will go down as one of the WORST waste of time and money we have ever spent! We as a group of friends go and do lots of things together, and this was by far the worst!

Visited July 2012
5 Thank Sherry17246
Houston
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fireworks Cruise Friday June 15, 2012”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

There is NO communication from Star Fleet Cruises though they get your contact information when taking reservations. We were moved from one ship to a larger ship without notification. The yacht was in good repair, the crew was great and the firewarks were wonderful from the best seat in the house. Food was unremarkable - it's not a Bar-B-Q, that's just a warmed over dish, but mainly a 'burgers and 'dogs kinda dinner. Not bad, but not what was expected. Other than Star Fleet trying to make a non-formal cruise formal (guys, trust me, wear shorts), it was enjoyable and we were glad we went. Again, the crew was outstanding and the boat was beautiful. Go with the right attitude and expectations and you will really enjoy this trip. Folks that were celebrating milestones were dissapointed because this is NOT a romantic/attentive cruise. Food is family style and the trip is close to becomming a Booze Cruise. I'd go again, but understand the expectations

Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“A pleasantly surprising experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Not knowing what to expect and looking to do something different to do as a family, we purchased tickets for Star Fleet's murder mystery cruise for my mom's birthday. Several years prior to this criuse I actually played a murder mystery game out of the box before (with close friends), and it was a total blast, but again, the game was with people I knew closely and we were all "characters" so to speak. So my biggest concern was that if people in the audience were to participate, then this could have the potential to be pretty lame if people were to read off of the script in a monotone and unanimated fashion. This was NOT the case. The lady leading the script (a MC type figure) did a very good job going from table to table and gauging who were the "characters" in the room; she (the MC) really nailed it when picking the appropriate people as they "acted" very well considering everyone was an amateur. As for the script, it delivered lots of laughs and incorporated cameo appearance of characters such as MC Hammer, Elvis, and Superman.

As for the accomodations, the interior of the boat was very nice. Never being on the waters in Kemah before, seeing the various homes near the water was quite a treat. And of course we had fantastic views of the Kemah boardwalk amusement and shop areas from (I guess what would be the Gulf). And the staff (crew) could not be any more accomodating.

Being as though it was such a pleasant experience, we look forward to other adventures w/ Star Fleet. One of interest is their "Boardwalk FantaSea" boat. While, we were on the water, we happened to see the "Boardwalk FantaSea" boat, and it looked very, very nice (just as much so in person as it does online).

Visited May 2012