“Ok but....”

Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
“Ok but....”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

me nor my husband has never been to kema boardwalk it was are four year aniversary its wasvery nice at first we went out to eat it was very good, then before bed around 10pm we wanted to relax in the hot tub i was in it for five minunts the 9 teenagers came barging in being very disrespectful of other guests i left. Then in the morning it was 10am i got outta the shower i herd a knock at the door he said room service i said hold on(still naked) the housekeeper walked right in i was so embarresed.i like the place but i would like to be respected.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank barbaralyn
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we certainly value your business and we hope you will visit again soon.

General Manager- Boardwalk Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This quaint hotel is located within walking distance of so many restaurants and attractions. Our party of 30 became stranded at this hotel when our cruise ship that was taking us to our wedding destination was disabled. The manager of this hotel heard about our predicament and not only did the staff go out of their way to accommodate this large party, Landry's Corporation (which owns the entire boardwalk) threw together an amazing wedding for us in 24 hours!! It was a miracle and a blessing all at once and the entire staff was so happy to make our day come together for us. That is first class service at its finest. I was so impressed with the size and beauty of the rooms and the hotel itself before our predicament came up. Then when the staff/company came together to save our wedding day, I was floored with the generosity and thoughtfulness, as well as impressed by the hotels ability to create a wedding celebration overnight that exceeded everyone's expectations. I know our situation was not typical, but if you are looking for a hotel that will meet every need that is located in the perfect place, there is nothing better than The Kemah Boardwalk Inn.
The Cash's

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Our staff and our entire Boardwalk associates and our corporate office are still talking about this great event we were able to extend to your family. It was truly memorable.
Come back and visit us soon, we look forward to seeing all the Cash Family.

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn in Kemah because it looked so quaint. It did not disappoint and the staff was very friendly. There are lots of nice restaurants within walking distance. When the weather is warmer, there would be more to do. It's almost like a theme park on the grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayview room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, we are thrilled you and your family enjoyed all our amenities the Hotel and the Boardwalk have to offer.
Come back and visit us soon.

Dalia Pena- General Manager- Boardwalk Inn
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here one night as part of Priceline bid-your-own deal when I was on a business trip to Dickinson. The room itself was comfortable but could use some maintenance - lots of scratched furniture, scuffed carpet, gouged walls, etc. The decor is all white and pastel pink and nautical themed. The room had a balcony overlooking the Kemah boardwalk. The boardwalk itself is a only a hundred feet from the registration desk. This would probably be a great place to stay in the spring or summer; however, I was here on a rainy, cold, miserable evening in February and it was abandoned. But they still kept the arc lights and muzak on, and there's no blackout drapes on the window or balcony door (just blinds and a rolldown windowshade), so I had to sleep wearing my mask and earplugs. Wi-fi internet and parking were free, the latter in a covered garage. The location was very good, right off of 146, across the street from a strip center with a Super Target, Taco Cabana, and IHOP.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our property. The maintenance items have been reviewed with our appropriate departments and are making improvements in our guest rooms. Your comments are valued feed back for our hotel and helps us to improve our product and services for our guests.
We thank you for your business and hope you will visit our hotel in the future whenever your travels bring you to Kemah.

Dalia Pena- General Manager- Boardwalk Inn
Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was looking for a nice hotel room on the coast for my wife and I, as we needed a nice relaxing night away from home. I looked into Kemah because I know the in-laws had visited there before and seemed to enjoy it. The Boardwalk Inn website boasted about how nice it was and how convenient to all the attractions. I reserved a "bay view" room for $199 plus tax per night. The room was OKAY, but nothing fancy. The bay view rooms give you very little view of the bay, due to large palm trees, restaurants, etc.

The furniture, bed, and bathroom fixtures were no nicer than in a Motel 6, Super 8, or similar hotel.

My reservation receipt informed me that no outside food or beverages (ie. nothing purchased outside the boarwalk area) were allowed in the hotel, as such, there was not fridge of any kind in the room.

For $199/night ($224 with taxes) you'd think a meal would be provided. Holiday Inns and La Quintas are much cheaper and at least give you a free breakfast. There was no food provided, so you have to either eat at the very expensive restaurants on the boardwalk, or drive into the next town over and eat there. Not a huge deal, but for all the money I paid for this room it was rather annoying. There are plenty of bed and breakfasts in the area which would provide this.

Work needs to be done on the plumbing too. I was taking a shower this morning when someone in a neighboring room flushed their toilet. My water pressure immediately dropped to almost nothing and just trickled out until their toilet was done. I've had this happen at home before, but never in a hotel room. The water pressure was really low anyways, so this made it unusable for a short period of time.

This place was not terrible. The staff was very friendly and polite. I just don't feel that I got a very good value for my money. The holiday inn express about 0.5 miles down the road was quite a bit cheaper and provide the amenities the Boardwalk Inn lacked. I will likely come back to Kemah, but will probably not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The bay view rooms give you very little view of the bay, due to large palm trees, restaurants, etc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank godiseverwithme
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your comments have been reviewed with the appropriate departments. We certainly strive to provide the best product and services for our guests , it is through guest feed back that we are able to improve these areas going forward.
We hope you and your family will allow us another opportunity when ever your travels bring you to Kemah.

Dalia Pena - General Manager- Boardwalk Inn
Houston
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Covered parking was good. The room was a nice size and clean. It smelled a bit moldy and I turned on the heater to circulate the air. At night the lights across the way shine directly into the room even with the blinds closed. I piled a bunch of pillows, like a mountain, to block the light from my eyes. When I was finally falling asleep someone in the room above me started taking a shower, this was probably around 2 a.m. The water going through the pipes was making creaking noises in the wall right next to me. The creaking and thumping was so loud I thought they would burst. The person finished their shower and it was quiet again, for a minute. The next thing I hear is a really loud noise on the carpet, next to the bed. I turned on the lamp and saw water running into my room at the ceiling! It was coming from the shower upstairs, through the smoke alarm! Guess what happens next. Yes, the alarm starts going off! I called the front desk. Of course it's an unbelievable story and a person came up to look pretty quickly. The alarm still going off, she went to get help. Having nowhere to go, I grabbed some foam earplugs from my bag and waited patiently at the edge of the bed. Another employee came but could not reach the alarm to turn it off. Grabbed a chair, stood on the arms and pulled the alarm apart meanwhile water is running down his arm. Scary to watch. I was put in another room, created my pillow mountain again, and finally fell asleep.
The next day when I checked out, I told them about how bright the lights shine into the room was. I was told that I would have been give a sheet to put over the window if I had requested one. How dumb of me. And when I mentioned about the water dripping into the smoke alarm and onto the carpet - I was told that if I visited Kemah again to come by and see if they could do anything for me. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TED_5757
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank-you for reviewing our hotel and your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced , your review has been shared with the appropriate departments and we are working hard to correct these areas. We hope you and your family will allow us another opportunity in the future.

Houston TX
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were not disappointed with our stay at this lovely hotel. From the booking to the end of our trip, this "Inn" is simply excellent. Tina was amazing. She was accommodating and her quiet calm made our experience wonderful.

To sum it up, from the words of my 8 yr old son:

Son to mom: "Can we live here?"

Room Tip: Every room I imagine would give you a wonderful view of the area, whether you prefer a bay view or a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! My staff is outstanding and your kind words on our star employee Tina will be shared with all. Our focus is to make our guests feel they are at home when they stay with us, sounds like we accomplished this with you and especially your family.
Come back and see us again soon, lots of great events in 2013

Boardwalk Inn-Kemah Boardwalk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
No photo provided
Palace Inn Kemah
#4 of 5 in Kemah
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah

Been to Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!