“Perfect place on the Boardwalk”
Review of Boardwalk Inn

Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband & I have stayed at The Boardwalk Inn several times for our wedding anniversaries and always have a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful and well kept with that southern plantation decor. One half of the rooms overlook the plaza area and the other half overlooks the bay. There isn't a bad room in the whole place. My favorite is overlooking the plaza. The staff are very professional and courteous. I do have to say though that the price has gone up an extreme amount since the last time we were there and is now out of our price range for a week-end stay. There is plenty to do on the Boardwalk.....lots of shopping, wonderful restarurants, amusement park, bands, and other entertainment to keep you busy your whole stay. They even have their own parking garage which is very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the plaza.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We came from Atlanta for a Graduation & was surprise to find the Kemah Boardwalk. We have never been in this area & the staff @ the hotel gave us maps & ideas from Kemah to Houston & to Galvenston Island. It was like having a personal guide at your finger tip.
After dinner we went back to our room & enjoyed the band from our balcony & watched the boats go by. Great way to relax before heading home the next day.
Well Be Back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Can't beat the location but the rooms are mediocre at best. No breakfast. No refrigerators and no microwaves in the double rooms. Two luggage carts controlled by a bellman mean tips out of your pocket. Our room wasn't clean until after the check-in time. The location and atmosphere are the two high points. Not worth the money in my opinion. Stayed in better Super 8s than this.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank texasotanjay
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I would very much recommend this inn to those who are seeking a pleasant and easy vacation or stopover at an affordable price.

The inn has direct access to the Kemah boardwalk and all it has to offer - a roller coaster and other amusement rides, the lake, restaurants and food stalls, various shops, etc. There is live music playing on certain days. I paid around $80-90 for my room and it had a balcony overlooking the action. The room itself was rather basic. It had a good TV, although there was no fridge, just an ice bucket. The rooms were roomy and decorated in a seaside decor. Some might find this a bit tacky and outdated, but I think it fits perfectly with the area and found it to be very pleasant. The room was clean, but some of the furniture showed signs of wear and tear, but nothing to worry about. Mary, at the check-in desk was lovely, she seemed to be very genuine and went out of her way to make me feel welcome as a solo traveler.

The cons: as I said, there is no fridge. There is also no room service, but this is not such a big issue as there are restaurants and food stalls everywhere (check to make sure they're open when you're staying). There is quite a bit of noise on weekends and special days. The music they play is incredibly loud and there is a choo-choo train that does loops past the hotel, and it has a rather loud whistle on it! This doesn't stop until about 11pm or so, but I think it just adds to the atmosphere. If you want peace and quiet, don't come here when the festivities are on.

All in all, very much recommended for the price.

Room Tip: 3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I brought my daughter and two of her friends to the Kemah Boardwalk for a mini trip to kickoff their summer vacation. The Boardwalk Inn served as a great home-base for our trip. Although we arrived around lunchtime, our room was ready and we were allowed to check in early. The staff gave us information about the hotel and boardwalk, asked if we needed help with our bags, and said to call them if we needed anything. We found our room was cute, clean and comfortable. The front desk called our room after we had been there a few minutes to make sure everything was to our liking. The beds were comfortable and had lots of pillows, we had a TV with basic cable, a little desk, coffee maker, and a comfy chair. There was a small closet, a suitcase rack and a little dresser for our clothes. The bathroom had plenty of towels, a hair dryer and a nice selection of toiletries. The patio had a nice breeze and was a great place to sit and watch all the people and activities on the boardwalk plaza. Throughout our visit, the staff asked if we were enjoying ourselves and if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable. I was able to shop and relax while the kids did rides and other boardwalk activities - I also brought my laptop and had no problem accessing the internet with the code they gave me. When the girls needed a break from the heat, they enjoyed the hotel pool. We had all our meals at restaurants on the boardwalk; lunch at The Flying Dutchman, dinner at RED, and breakfast the next morning at the Bayside Grill. The hotel had the feel of a privately-owned inn and the staff made us feel like special guests. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank andj606
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My spouse and I were in houston for a graduation event and thouht that the Boardwalk inn would be a nice place to stay, WRONG!!! When we checked in we were expecting a nice room on the boardwalk what we found was a 2 star room. The band that was playing outside was so loud that the windows were rattling, I attemped to turn on the TV and ignore the noise. It was imposible to even speak to each other in the room without yelling. When we found that the band was playing to 11:00 we decided to check out and request our money back. The staff refused to return our money and we were charged $200 for a nights stay. The cost of losing $200 was still not worth the misery of staying a night in this dump!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank nmtraveler47029
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here four nights on a 16 day road trip. We loved the hotel. Clean, pleasant staff and so much fun to people watch. We are two retired people who enjoyed the happy hours at the restaurants and eating dinner ouside by the water. Two of the days my husband went to the space center and I stayed behind. I walked all over even to a mall about a mile away. We sat on our balcony at night and watched the kids playing in the water fountain.We would stay here again in a minute. There are also plenty of bars and restaurants to walk to off the boardwalk. If we had kids they would have had a ball.During the slow season the restaurants are only open till 9:00 so we would walk to other bars a block away.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2daisy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook

Been to Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!