“One of the best in Northeast Tarrant”
Review of FnG Eats

FnG Eats
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Keller
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hurst, Texas
“One of the best in Northeast Tarrant”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have eaten here several times, and have always found the dining experience to be excellent. The service is attentive, the food is delicious and the prices are commensurate with the quality. Is it always perfect? Of course not, what in life is? You may demand perfection, but if you are not prepared to accept less, then you will often be disappointed. Life is interesting and exciting because it is unpredictable. Embrace it or dine at home—where presumably everything IS perfect.

• Visited October 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Average, nothing more”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've eaten at FnG several times, and simply can't understand the glowing reviews here and at other sites. The food is good, but better versions of nearly every dish can easily be found close by. Given the high prices for the food, I rate the dining experience as a 2-star. Overall, I give it a 3-star due to the nice ambiance and bar.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank M T
Keller, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have patronized this restaurant several times and asked to be seated in an empty booth only to be told each time that they were reserved. Noted each time when dinner was finished the booths remained empty. I confronted the hostess about this and she admitted that the management staff instructs them to do that in the event that four or more people come in to be seated, not only were we discriminated against, but lied to. I mean really....do the owners think this is Park Ave. NY. the food may be good but its not that good! What POOR Customer service.
Needless to say we will not be returning to this restaurant again! Nor will recommend it to others.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lisa837
FngEats, Owner at FnG Eats, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We work hard to create the best experience for all our guests at FnG Eats. However, due to the limited number of tables we have for larger parties, we do reserve the 3 booths we have, that are built for parties up to 6, for larger parties of 4 or more. We apologize that this was not explained to you while you were at the restaurant.

We hope you plan to come back to see us as you've enjoyed us before; and if you ever have any issues, please ask to speak to either of the owners so we can answer any questions or problems you might have.
Keller, Texas
“Nice Change of Pace!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

J.A.C. Roqamolé 9
J.A.C. = Jalapeno / Granny Smith / WI Sharp Cheddar Roqamolé = Blue Cheese / Avocado / Poblano / Scallion Stone Ground Tortilla Chips
Stella ArtoisTM Fish & Chips 16 Stella Tempura / Dill Tartar / Rosemary Slaw Savory Steak Plank Fries
Backyard BBQ Back Ribs 22 Habanero Peach BBQ Sauce / Rosemary Slaw
El Comal BBQ Baked Beans
The “Taste Coaster” Ice Cream Sammich
You have to hear this one!
We need places like this so we don't have to leave Keller! Fast food is all over but a sit down place with cloth napkins and someone waiting one you where you can get a glass of wine or beer to boot is a rarity here.
We have been twice and have found the chef-created dishes quite unique. From other reviews - not necessarily on TA - this place uses ingredients from the local Farmers Market. If you are looking for a review specifically about how they do this, look somewhere else. I am not an aficionado of the little red wagon going to and from the market and specials based on that trip. We made our selections from the printed menu.
The JAC Roqamole is a great starter. It is 2 scoops of "dips" and chips. One side is a spicy guacamole, the other a spicy cheese. I could see from tables around us - this is very popular. It was good and large enough for 4.
We have had the BBQ Ribs which were fall-off-the-bone and delicious, served with beans and slaw. The ribs were definitely the star. We have also had the Fish and Chips. Not a winner in our book. The batter/coating was too much and by the time it got to the table it was chilling and started to get soggy on the bottom. There was plenty but did you really want to finish it? The fish was good after peeling the batter away. It comes with the same slaw and an order of steak fries. Sides are sides - again nothing special.
The second time we went we had dessert. We shared an Ice Cream "Sammich." As I was eating it I thought I tasted a bite. When I asked about it, the server told me that the cookie was Chocolate Chip, bacon, jalapeño and the ice cream was toffee popcorn. Sounds like one hot mess but it was quite good. If we had heard that before we ordered we would never have gotten it. I hope I haven't stopped anyone because, as I said, it was good!
We will definitely go back as it is good food and there aren’t many place to have a sit down meal in Keller. We may also try the specials as we move into the Farmer’s Market season.

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Hey....It's Service, Service, Service that makes the difference...and lack of it ruins an experience.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A friend from Keller yesterday was telling me we should meet here for lunch. She said the food and ambiance was great but the service was spotty. Three days before, another foodie friend of mine said the same thing. Said he was eating at the bar that overlooks the kitchen and once his plate was served, (male) wait person was no where to be seen so he had to finally track down an employee to get a refill on his drink. Despite that, I stopped by today for my first visit. !:30 or so, and restaurant was basically empty and the bar was totally deserted. I sat at the bar. There was a male staff member on the phone at the back of the bar doing his personal financial business. I know because I was at the total opposite end of the bar and could hear every word. The (female) staff member was on the phone at the bar, also. Me? I was totally ignored. I went to the restroom, returned, and sat there. The banking conversation was still ongoing but the female staff member was off he phone and fiddling with paperwork. As the only bar patron, I continued to be ignored. I left. And won't return. I am sure the food is good but I wouldn't know but I refuse to be treated as a persona non grata. I went to Keller Tavern, agreeably a very different type restaurant/bar but....I was barely in the door when I was greeted by the bartender, she asked my name, welcomed me, and I had my glass of wine within one minute of entering. Seriously. So, F'nG, all the good food you can produce eventually won't work when foodie friends like mine start commenting about the lack of service and my experience of walking out today won't go unmentioned when friends ask "where to eat in Keller?".

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank danielyyz

Been to FnG Eats? Share your experiences!