“I love this place”

Keller Tavern
Ranked #37 of 144 Restaurants in Keller
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have gone to Keller Tavern several times and we have had a good experience every time. The food is delicious and the waiters and waitresses are wonderful. Great service!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really enjoyed eating lunch here today! It reminded me of the corner bars that we had while living in Pennsylvania. It had a long bar and many tables and a nice patio on the back. There is little parking in the front and had some difficulty finding parking in the back. It appears that additional parking right behind the tavern was coming in the rear. (A sign on the front window mentioning additional parking in the back would have been helpful). They had a very good menu with a variety of salads and sandwiches. My friend and I both decided on the Main Street Burger. It was very good with lots of toppings. You also got your choice of fries, sweet potato tots, onion rings or fried jalepenos. We thought that those were good offerings. The sourdough bun was delicious and very filling.

The food was a little slow in coming but we didn't mind visiting with each other. Our sandwiches were definitely worth the wait!

I will go back again. Maybe to hear one of the groups they have playing on a Friday or Saturday evening or on a cool evening to enjoy the patio.

The waitress was friendly and the assistant manager came to our table and talked. We enjoyed our lunch.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

OK, my spur of the moment idea was to try a competing restaurant in Keller. Somewhat different, yes, but read my comments and my great experience at Keller Tavern. Good job to the bartender working today, May 6th, about 2:30ish in the afternoon. She was very good!:

--------------------------
MY REVIEW TO A COMPETING RESTAURANT:
"A friend from Keller yesterday was telling me we should meet here for lunch. She said the food and ambiance was great but the service was spotty. Three days before, another foodie friend of mine said the same thing. Said he was eating at the bar that overlooks the kitchen and once his plate was served, (male) wait person was no where to be seen so he had to finally track down an employee to get a refill on his drink. Despite that, I stopped by today for my first visit. !:30 or so, and restaurant was basically empty and the bar was totally deserted. I sat at the bar. There was a male staff member on the phone at the back of the bar doing his personal financial business. I know because I was at the total opposite end of the bar and could hear every word. The (female) staff member was on the phone at the bar, also. Me? I was totally ignored. I went to the restroom, returned, and sat there. The banking conversation was still ongoing but the female staff member was off he phone and fiddling with paperwork. As the only bar patron, I continued to be ignored. I left. And won't return. I am sure the food is good but I wouldn't know but I refuse to be treated as a persona non grata. I went to Keller Tavern, agreeably a very different type restaurant/bar but....I was barely in the door when I was greeted by the bartender, she asked my name, welcomed me, and I had my glass of wine within one minute of entering. Seriously. So, -other restaurant- , all the good food you can produce eventually won't work when foodie friends like mine start commenting about the lack of service and my experience of walking out today won't go unmentioned when friends ask "where to eat in Keller?"."

GOOD JOB KELLER TAVERN!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We live in the heritage area and eat out a lot. We also have a little one and therefore were hesitant. We decided to try Keller Tavern and loved it! The service and food are excellent! We have gone back several times, always eating on the patio. Better than Bronson Roxk by far!

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Took the family there on a week night. The place was mostly empty. There was some awful loud noise inside so we sat at the back patio which looked like it was built by a bunch of amateurs on a weekend. Our server showed up about 10 min after we sat down. We ordered, while our drinks appeared reasonably quickly our food took 45 min to show up. It was not worth the wait. The server seemed annoyed that she had to wait on us. We won't be back.

1  Thank R S

Been to Keller Tavern? Share your experiences!