The Original Marini's Empanada House
Ranked #1 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Katy
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Over 70 variety of Argentine style empanadas made fresh. Selection of craft beers.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a South American Pastry a crust folded over a filling fried. We had Chicken Florentine,Poblana,Chicken Diablo, Texas BBQ,English,and a blackberry and raspberry. They aren't very big but tasty. There are about 36 items on the menu,

1  Thank Boborunner

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great family owned restaurant. They do empanada's and they do them well. Fries are hand cut and curly. Service polite and efficient. Save room for the chocolate empanada, they are the best!

1  Thank MichiganderInTexas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've driven past this place for years and after reading reviews finally tried it. We opted to take an order to go trying 3 different types and two desserts. The asparagus/cheese was yummy and so was the fig for dessert. You eat the empanada by itself like a little sandwich but nothing was served with them no salad, vegetable or anything. They are really good when they are just made fresh and steaming. It was interesting a little different for us but very very good!

1  Thank TexasTraveler002
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Six of us enjoyed a variety of empanadas, including some dessert ones. Having spent some time trying empanadas in Argentina, I thorough enjoyed everything. The beer and wine selection was well done also if we had dined in - carry out was very easy. I would love it if they added a Roquefort empanada!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am not an empanada pro, but my Columbian friend assures me these are exceptional as far as empanadas go! Freshly made to order they are warm and wonderful and run the range of tangy, savory, to sweet and gooey. I admit I go for the dessert. The fig and the chocolate and the berry empanadas are not to be missed so save room for dessert. My favorite dinner empanada is the spinach and lemon, followed by the brisket. I have both dined in and also took boxes to go. I would suggest you dine in and enjoy them freshly made and piping hot.

1  Thank TXCtrow