“unauthorized credit card charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Orient Express

Orient Express
Ranked #418 of 532 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Katy, Texas
“unauthorized credit card charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Ordered online and was charged one price. Pulled up my checking account to find that it was more than I authorized. Call the resturant and was told that there is a gas charge so they can keep their drivers. I would not have a problem with a delivery charge if this was clear when I was ordering and I feel decieved that this was tacked on without my permission. I expect the receipt that was emailed in my confirmation to match the amount that was taken out if my account. I have ordered and have been a faithful customer for more than 10 years but this deceitful practice has ended our relationship.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Keane19

Katy, Texas
“Glad I didn't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Today, I visited Orient Express for the first time to order take-out. The restaurant wasn't anything impressive--it's rather small. However, I ordered Special Fried Rice and Chicken Lo Mein, and it was amazing. The staff were courteous and friendly. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant more often.

• Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
“Good for takeaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Used to our favorite for Chinese. Last order was not quite as good - diffrent owners or adding msg???? We normally get the special won-ton soup (a meal in iteself), some appitizers, special fried rice and an entree. Will try again and hope last trip was out fo the norm. Hate to lose an old stand by...

Visited January 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stupid reviews below”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have no idea what the reviews belows are saying, whether it's slander or pure lies.
I have been a customer at Orient Express for over five years, and I have never been dissatisfied with their food and customer service. They did mess up once on my order, but they sent a new one for free shortly after I called them about it. The lady in the front is a very friendly and nice person.
The food there is delicious! I have been to most of the Chinese food restaurants in the Katy area, and Orient Express is the best by far. Their food is not only worth the money, but also worth the wait. I usually get Orange chicken, General tso's chicken, Seafood Delight, and shrimp lo mein. The combos are only $6-7 with a soup, appetizer, and rice, and the entrees are $2 more with only rice. The quality and amount of food is definitely worth it.
The food is always hot and fresh when it arrives here, so you can imagine how it is when I eat at the restaurant. They sometimes deliver very early even though they tell you it will take about 30-45 minutes. I like that.
If you're looking for Chinese food restaurants in Katy, I would definitely recommend that you stop by Orient Express first.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Henry C
katy,tx
“HORRIBLE DISRESPECTFUL ESTABLISHMENT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

HORRIBLE. DISRESPECTFUL ESTABLISHMENT. I have been a customer here for 7 years.Tonight the food was bland and tasteless and I called Richard the owner to let him know that the food standards was dropping. Did he just not tell me not to bother him as he was making too much money and that i do not need to come back to his establishment.His lack of concern towards my issue was alarming. Please do not support this establishment as they only need your money and do not care about the quality of their food.They do not care about customer service and above all you,the customer. Richard, I suggest you stop making so much money and pay a little attention to the customers that keep you in business. I feel humiliated and disgusted by this man tonight. I choose to support establishments that treat their customers with dignity and respect.