“Just okay”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Was originally going to dine there with a restaurant.com coupon but there were too many restrictions. Went with a friend during an off the coupon time. Atmosphere is cozy, chic, romantic great for a date. But the food was just average. I was excited by a reccomendation of a fusion roll, lobster tempura and kiwi, was disappointed because it was just okay. Ordered off the lunch menu. Rice was blah, chicken was blah, it was just blah in general. I don't think I would ever go back.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Pulling up to an empty parking lot on a Friday evening should have been the first indicator that this was not the place to be. The reason we decided to try this place was because we had a Groupon - $20 for $40 worth of food. The decor is nice, modern, and dark. Perhaps it is a better lounge than restaurant. My husband, two children, and I ordered crab rangoon as an appetizer, two types of sushi rolls, and chicken fried rice. The crab rangoon tasted like nothing I have ever eaten before. Very strange. My husband's sushi was bland and unappetizing. Mine was okay. The chicken fried rice was good, thankfully, so my children were satisfied. In other similar restaurants that we frequent, $40 would have been enough to feed our family, but at Nikko's we still ended up paying $20. That means our meal was $60, which is pricey for a dinner for our family. On that note, the kids drinks were $2.50 each and we had to pay for each refill.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I did not even know this place was in Katy, a friend of mine wanted a group of us to meet here, because she said, it was quiet and clean...

When I entered, I knew that I was in a place that I would enjoy, the resturan is on the small side, but what it lacks in size, it makes-up for in style. I was not feeling like sushi, so I ordered the chicken-udon soup. Most places it comes out plain and looking like every other oriental resturant. Nikkos' version will keep me comming back for more. The noodles were big, the chicken portion was not wimpy, and the broth hit the spot. Everyone else in the party seemed to be enjoying all the food that they ordered as well.

After a few supper and a few drinks, we ordered a couple of choclate desserts, nothing was left.

All I can say is this place surprised me, it's not the cheapest place around, but it definately is a nice place to go and hang-out for a few hours.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've been here a few times now and I really enjoyed everything i've ordered here. The beef tataki is so good! The fried calamari is good, it has a nice batter. The chicken hibache had good flavor. Next time Im going to try the lobster kiwi fushion roll, it always catches my eye!

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Ate here for dinner while on business (across the street from my hotel and I wanted sushi); they have a sushi bar; I ordered shrimp dumplings and dragon roll (spicy tuna in a california roll) which came with edamame and miso soup. Edamame was bland; shrink dumplings didn't have much taste and my roll was average. Service was good but the place was dead at 730 on a monday eve (which I guess you can expect)