“Rude waitstaff, long waits, mediocre food”
Review of D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - CLOSED

D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Rude waitstaff, long waits, mediocre food”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I know the original of this restaurant is in Rice Village, and with the new location being in La Centerra and had high hopes. Our group of 8 visited on a Thursday night and the restaurant was no where near close to being full, but we had some of the slowest service I've ever experienced. Our waiter was very cocky and rude--I'm sure he was trying to be funny, but it sure didn't come across that way to us. I had the margarita pizza which was very heavy on the sauce and skimpy on the cheese. The sangria is made on the spot, so the wine doesn't have a chance to soak and absorb the fresh fruit. Their happy hour prices are only $1.00 off, and the chicken used in their pasta dishes was very dry and shredded. I don't plan on visiting this establishment again, as it was very pricey for poor value of food.

• Visited November 2013