“Nice Find in a Katy Neighborhood”
Review of La Balance

La Balance
Ranked #24 of 569 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Balance Cuisine is a rustic yet modern French restaurant where we offers guests a contemporary twist on classic French favorites. We also offer guests some of Wine events. TASTING MENUS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I, along with another couple, met up at La Balance on a Saturday evening. We had heard good things about the chef so we decided to make the drive, though from The Woodlands it was basically 60 miles one way.
The restaurant is set in a strip center but that is not uncommon in Houston. There is some outdoor seating at the front and I can imagine from November to April it might be nice to sit outside for a meal.
Food - the escargot was terrific. The pate plate the girls had was well received, though they were stingy with the bread it seems. The mains were good; all four of us had something different but the agreed winner was the Boeuf Bourguignon. Good portion size and delicious apparently! I had the cassoulet which was also very good, a little bit salty though. Salmon and Duck were the other dishes and no complaints were heard. Dessert menu was small but the desserts we tried we very good. We will try this place again, even though the drive is long for us.

1  Thank whiskyandgolf

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A well planned event awaited us, our guests and others who were fortunate enough to reserve tables. With a set 6 course menu, wine tasting came with each course and an explanation by the experts of the various wines served made it a very educational and tasty night.

Food was extraordinary and flavorable. Not one who has experience with French cuisine, I found it unbelievable good and out of this world. The l restaurant is tastefully decorated and the chef/owner greeted everyone as well as prepare the food.

I recommend this new restaurant in the Katy area to all.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went with friends that told us it was great. It was. Fine food, perfectly seasoned, great wine and service. At last somewhere for special occasions that doesn't involve a long commute from Katy.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Very classy place tucked away in strip mall. Attentive staff; well priced good food. Excellent decor and crisp table linen. Wish they had Pernod to drink while looking at the short but tasty menu. A very good experience

Reviewed September 18, 2013

No doubt that this is the best restaurant in Katy. Happy I found out about it. Great menu. Finally I could get my foie gras for starter. European wines too. Even Gaja wine.

5  Thank Viking72_11