“Great food, service and a realistic price.”

Babin's Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Babin's Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 578 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

2nd visit to this restruant with friends while visiting. Great food, service and a realistic price. There will hopefully be a 3rd, 4th and more...

1  Thank awsjr

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was my family's first (and last) trip to Babin's. We should have turned around right when we walked through the door, seeing that it was part of the Landry's chain, but we stuck it out anyway. The original Landry brothers had some terrific (and distinct) restaurants back in the eighties, like Willie G's, Don's, and of course, Landry's. However, once the family sold out the majority of their locations, all hope of something new and distinct was abolished. Now, you can walk into almost any of the Landry's chain of "same" and nothing changes... except the prices! Babin's trys to be a more upscale destination, though loud and crowded (I have a difficult time tolerating places that stock beepers at their reception desk... makes me feel like I just arrived at the stockyard (insert mooing sounds here). The food was very tasty, though it came on big plates to give you the feeling that you were getting a lot (you were not). My wife had the "Snapper Ponchatrain" which was the best of all our selections, but also the most expensive (they upcharged $4 for the asparagus and $6 for the "Ponchatrain", so her meal was about 40 bucks by itself (and she only drank water!). The total bill was $119.00, which may not be much to some, but for a family saving for an overseas vacation, it was a huge "slap in the face". I recommend going across the freeway instead (insert shameless "Cheddar's" plug here, hahaha). Bon Chance!

2  Thank GRTraveldawg
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went to Babin's for Father's Day. The food was okay, nothing too special. I did like the New Orleans vibe of the place.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I ordered my usual Atchafalaya Blackened Catfish yesterday. Babin's has raised the price and the portion size was about half what it used to be!! We have eaten at Babin's in Katy since it first opened and have always enjoyed consistently good food and service, but NOT yesterday!!! The filets were so thin and overcooked. Like eating fish flavored potatoe chips!!!! Step it back up Babins!!!!

1  Thank Carl L
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Babin's is awesome! We went there before my mom went back home after visiting a few weeks. She had New awlins punch that she loved. The crab cakes, fresh fish and sides were amazing! Even the sweet potati and side salads were top notch ( Greek and regular). Our waiter was George and he got us to try new things that we loved! Don't forget to order the mile high bread pudding with meringue topping...delicious!! Babin's is a must to try for people in Houston .