“Yumm”

Ranked #17 of 578 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Established in 2002, Black Walnut Cafe is a contemporary American fast casual concept that appeals to everyone. Whether you want an eggs Benedict, coffee, dessert, martini, a hand crafted sandwich, certified Angus pot roast or an Asian tuna salad, we have it all.
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I think they have one of the best breakfasts in town. Unfortunately there's not a lot of other breakfast places in the area.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have tried this location on 5 different occasions, always thinking it will get better, but doesn't. Lousy service, they have lost our order on two trips and we waited over an hour for breakfast one morning because of a "Mix Up " in the kitchen, another time after 25 minutes they came to our table to tell me that they didn't have lobster for the Lobster Benedict. This most recent trip, my beeper battery was dead so our food sat there until it was cold waiting on me to come and pick it up. Finally the guy behind the counter looked at me and said, "This is your Order" I noticed it was sitting there and he said I have been paging you, and after a debate, he tried the pager and found it wasn't working. No apology or offer to do anything about the cold food and when I stated the food was cold, he just removed it and shoved it back to the window. No explanation of what the plan was to correct the problem. I told him to forget it. the manger (?) ignored the entire scene until he mentioned the broken pager and then in a high pitched whine said, OH, NO" . Still no apology. I am so over it, I will go the extra 1/4 mile to La Centerra for food. So surprised this area allows this place to stay open without improvement in service and management. The food is average and pricey, so not worth the aggravation and my hard earned cash. Get with it Cinco Ranch, demand better food and service for your dollar. Places like this do not deserve our business.

1  Thank 2zocean
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have been once for lunch and it was pretty crowded and "busy" with people especially at the self serve drink bar where you have to pick up your own utensils, tea, water or coffee. Also we tried it for breakfast pretty early and there were less people but the breakfast crowd was getting full when we left. The menu has a very good variety. The food both times was good but average nothing to race back for. The desserts displayed looked incredible but we did not try them.

1  Thank TexasTraveler002
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I liked the atmosphere and good selection of food. I didn't like the service system. You pay in advance and are asked to give tip right away, before ever getting service and your food.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything at BW is worth trying i am a fan of the Pastas they serve. My all time favorite is the Otis Otis Otis. The deserts are phenomenal and the Gelato is hard to beat. They are even open till 11 pm the place is usually packed but the food comes out fairly quick.