“Food delivered quickly, but this is not "fast-food-”
Review of Fish City Grill

Fish City Grill
Ranked #39 of 570 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Friendly Folks Serious SeafoodVoted the Best Restaurant in Katy, TX by Katy Times Readers in 2013. Fish City Grill is as much a part of Katy as Katy is a part of FCG. It's a fun family dining experience not to be missed when visiting LaCenterra Market at Cinco Ranch Katy.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Normally pretty fast to get seated - always get greeted when walking in . Menu is somewhat limited and 'specials' are usually pretty expensive compared to items on menus. Great veggie selection; was told special are wild caught but menu items might be farm raised. Decent noise level; outdoor seating when weather permits (and August on the Texas Gulf Coast isn't all that great). Decent value for food, but this is not an inexpensive restaurant. Located in La Centerra center.

1  Thank CMS_on_vacation

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Since we used to live close to this restaurant, it remains one of our favorite places to go when we are back in Katy. You are always greeted when you walk in the door. Seating is quick, and service is always top notch. Hubby and I almost always order the fish tacos and split it. You can also choose a 1/2 order of the tacos if you like. There's lots of other yummy items on the menu, everything is cooked fresh, and to order. Bar drinks are good as well. Appetizers are great..we especially like the fried pickles or calamari. FCG isn't a busy spot at noon time, but it's a hopping place come happy hour!
If you happen to be a senior citizen, be sure and ask for your 10% discount.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ou latest trip here will be our last. The Seafood Gumbo was one shrimp in a warm brown broth with a lot of rice and some other "stuff". The Oyster Po-Boy had 3-4 Oysters, crushed into the bread. My wife's pecan crusted fish was good as were the margaritas. When the manager stopped by to ask how we enjoyed our meal, he seemed shocked at my comments. He apologized and took the bill away, returning much later, proudly presenting us with a $5.00 discount. Coincidentally that was nearly the 10% discount that all seniors are offered. Service was fair.
This is my first bad review - I always assume that anyone can have a bad day, but the psuedo-discount offended me.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The service was good with offering of samples for menu items we were interested in. Good Jalepeno Soup, had the wilted spinch, also very good. Ordered Fish & Chips, so hard to find anywhere around here that makes them well, 3 ample pieces of fish in a light beer batter, chips were waffle fries, not typical but OK as it is the fish we were really interested in. We thought it good food with attentive service in a comfortable, casual atmosphere, prices were fair. Hope the food is as good when we try it again later.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wanted to have a nice dinner on my day off. I ordered fish & chips my usual favorite.The bartender was nice , as soon as my meal arrived I noticed it looked over cooked and had burned black pieces all over it like the oil was dirty.It tasted ok but I did have to battle the bar flies the whole meal! Makes me wonder what condition the kitchen is in.