“Flies, nasty fish & chips!”
Review of Fish City Grill

Fish City Grill
Ranked #31 of 579 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Friendly Folks Serious SeafoodVoted the Best Restaurant in Katy, TX by Katy Times Readers in 2013. Fish City Grill is as much a part of Katy as Katy is a part of FCG. It's a fun family dining experience not to be missed when visiting LaCenterra Market at Cinco Ranch Katy.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wanted to have a nice dinner on my day off. I ordered fish & chips my usual favorite.The bartender was nice , as soon as my meal arrived I noticed it looked over cooked and had burned black pieces all over it like the oil was dirty.It tasted ok but I did have to battle the bar flies the whole meal! Makes me wonder what condition the kitchen is in.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've eaten at restaurants with less than exceptional service, but I've never felt that a poor review was warranted until now.

After arriving for lunch with a party of seven, we waited for 15 minutes for drink orders and another 10 to get the drinks; with only tea and soda having been ordered. Once the drinks arrived, we then waited for 15 more minutes for our order to be taken.

The waiter started taking our lunch orders only to inform us that they were unable to fry anything due to some technical issues. We then had to make another decision for an entrée. After waiting another 10 minutes our orders were finally taken. We then waited 30 minutes for the meals to arrive only to discover the shrimp was raw and the entrees were bland. In the midst of this we all ran empty on our drinks and waited 10 minutes for refills. The shrimp was rejected and sent back while the others finished their bland meals.

I began to look around and noticed that we weren't the only ones receiving poor service. Finally, we requested that the bill be split 3 ways. After having to write down who ordered what and how to split it, we finally got the nearly correct bills on the 4th attempt. We were in the restaurant for 2 hours before we were able to leave. We informed the manager of the poor service and quality-lacking dishes to which he responded " I apologize sir. I can't help that the frying system is down". We then explained that that was only part of the problem to which he simply said "I apologize sir". We told him that the service was terrible and he said "Yes sir, I agree that is it's a problem", The manager did nothing to attempt to rectify the situation and walked off. Lastly, we were sitting elbow to elbow with people from two other tables.

This is one restaurant that has lost seven customers and possibly numerous more as others were complaining as well. Perhaps we may revisit if they get new management and devise a contingency plan for a broken fryer..

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday (June 6) and were really surprised at the nice selections on the menu, I had the Honey Chipotle Shrimp Tacos that were very tasty and the shrimp were plentiful and cooked just right. My wife had the Calamari appetizer, which was more than she could finish.Every day has a different "special' Thursday was "Happy Hour All Day" and drafts were $1, Bottled beer $2, Wine$3 and Margaritas $4.
Downsides: weird parking, need more draft selections, waitress was good but very hard to understand her accent.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant was a very pleasant experience for my family and I. The crawfish were absolutely amazing and were humungous as well. We all had something different and not one of us was left hungry, or unsatisfied. The only problem was that it was a bit crowded, but for a good reason. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at the Fish City Grill on several occasions and have found it to be an excellent value. The service is excellent, food superb, and the ambience is family friendly.