“This place delivers EVERY time!!!”

Orleans Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 540 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“This place delivers EVERY time!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was looking at my contributions to TripAdvisor & couldn't believe I've never mentioned Orleans Seafood Kitchen!!

We have been coming here regularly for the last year or so, and the food, service, & atmosphere is always great!! My wife is from Houma LA, & is partial to her seafood & it's cooking method, & she loves it here.

We have gotten the stuffed shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp étouffée, hush puppies, boiled crawfish, wings, gumbo, blackened chicken, fried catfish, fried crawfish tails & soft-shell crab. We have had one issue & that was my wife did not like the gumbo & that's a personal taste preference, not a criticism of the restaurant!

The front counter folks are friendly & helpful. When we went on Saturday the 2nd, the girl at the counter, Marcia, was very nice. We had joked with her that we had come the night before & the line was out the door, so we had to come up with a Plan B for dinner! She said there were several large parties, which also speaks for this place!

The manager is very nice as are the guys working the floor cleaning up & restocking. The bar side of the restaurant is local sports themed, but they also have an Eagles banner hanging up, which gives them additional points in my book!!! The bar is very seldom boisterous or loud & is a neat side to the restaurant.

Overall, THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!

We will continue to frequent this place regularly & then more so during crawfish season, which my wife & son love!! If you want great food & a nice place, Orleans is the place!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Peter K

Lake Ozark, Missouri
“A little bit of 'Nawlins in Katy”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had the Jambalaya one night; it was chock full of shrimp and very tasty. Went back the next night and had raw oysters and mahi-mahi with an interesting shrimp sauce. Oysters were fresh, tasty and cold.
You go to the counter to order your food and then come back and pick it up, but I didn't feel as though I was in a fast-food place. Seems as though pretty much everything is cooked to order and when they page you, it comes out hot and tasty.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Louisiana on a plate!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food, service, and atmosphere was overall was great! Took my girlfriend here for our first anniversary, and we left 100% satisfied! They took pride in their preparation of the food just as the Louisianan cooks do themselves!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Derek361
Warrington, PA
“uick Stop for a Taste of New Orleans”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located just off the Katy Freeway (I-10) west of Houston, this family-style restaurant has an excellent selection of cajun dishes and Po-Boy sandwhiches Prices are reasonable, and Kids eat free on Wednesdays. For this who don't like cajun food - they make a super hamburger. Prices are just right.,

• Visited July 2013
Manvel, Texas
“Great food, reasonable prices, quick service”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hard to beat this place. We went on a Saturday afternoon and all five in the party had different shrimp dinners. I had the Shrimp Brochette (six jumbo bacon wrapped, jalapeno stuff shrimp, with a small container of melted butter), dirty rice and a small piece of garlic bread. This food was perfect. It couldn't have been any better.

You place your order when you walk in. For us, we all had our meals within 4-8 minutes.

One in my party had an order of seasoned fries to share with the group and they were perfect as well.

Very good value, very quick food, and what I ordered this day could not have been cooked any better. Fantastic!!

When back in Katy, I will eat here again, no doubt.

• Visited June 2013