“Good Stuff!”

Orleans Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 578 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We are a quick, casual, family-friendly Cajun seafood restaurant just off the Katy freeway. From the moment you walk into Orleans Seafood Kitchen, you will feel like you are on Bourbon Street. Our brick walkway will lead you to view our menu boards and place your order with a member of our friendly staff. We’ll call your order when it’s ready. Feel like getting waited on? We offer full service in the bar, and we’ll be glad to take care of you! Our food is the best on this side of the muddy waters. Come in and try our delicious seafood gumbo, chicken, etouffee, pecan crusted rainbow trout, and po-boys. We have fresh shucked Gulf oysters, boiled crawfish, fresh fish, and the best fried seafood you've ever had! All of our food is prepared in-house daily, and you can choose any of our signature sauces for no additional cost. Seating is ample, and we also have patio seating. Come watch your favorite sports on any of our 10 flat screens TVs throughout the restaurant and patio!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was the first time we've eaten here. The food was very good. They kids meals are reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This restaurant is very close to home and we've been there several times. Seafood gumbo is great, fresh oysters are HUGE and reasonably priced. We haven't had anything there that isn't delicious and they have terrific frozen drinks that will make you think you are in the French Quarter.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having read previous reviews, I anticipated great atmosphere with great food.
Both were very average.
There is no service, but for the first timer, you will have a gratuity section on your CC invoice. After I signed it and left a moderate order yourself tip with limited service expected, they handed me a a buzzer and pointed me to the bar for to pick up my oysters.
The food was just OK. The fried alligator was terrible, pass on it. Bought a large order, and everyone at the table took one bite and left the plate full
One time and done

Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you enjoy Bourbon Street with all the attendant sights, sounds, smells and expense then you are sure to enjoy Orleans. We walked in to a blaring cacophony of jazz and lots of people trying to make themselves heard over the music. The pungent aroma of grilled fish that had been left on the grill a tad too long filled the air as if trying to block out the noise but not quite succeeding. We stared at the menu before moving to the order entry counter where we had to ask a few questions before finally deciding on blackened catfish over dirty rice with gumbo on the side. My wife had a cup of sausage/chicken gumbo while I asked for a bowl of seafood gumbo. When the bill was presented, I was amazed that four smallish, blackened catfish fillets, some rice, two drinks and gumbo came to almost forty-five dollars. I very carefully drew a line through the space where one might enter an amount for the tip. I don’t know what a tip would cover since we were not being served at a table, we had to fetch our own drinks, napkins and silverware and deliver our own food to our booth.

While we waited for the sparkling lights and vibrating buzzer to go off on our pager, I thought it might be a good idea to wash my hands one more time. It was the gentlemen’s lounge that reminded me of the reason why I’ve never returned to Bourbon Street. If the proprietor maintains his kitchen as well as he maintains the restrooms, one might be surprised that there are any surviving customers for repeat business. The powerful urine/vomit smell combination permeated the cramped space and that fragrance seemed to follow me back to my seat. Ah yes, that’s the Bourbon Street of my memories.

The uniformly thin, farm-raised, catfish fillets were suitably blackened and thoroughly seasoned with cayenne pepper. The dirty rice was just like Mother used to make but with more cayenne. My seafood gumbo contained a few shrimp and a few crawfish tails but that was the extent of the seafood. There was no okra which, in my opinion, makes a true gumbo but there was plenty of cayenne pepper. My wife’s cup of sausage/chicken gumbo contained chunks of sausage and chicken in a thick, pale soup and, oh yes, cayenne pepper. Again, as my USMC drill instructor said, “Just like Mother used to make.” He added some rather spicy adjectives to his version which we shall omit for the sake of the sensitive among us.

We will probably not return to the scene of this crime. I think it would be better to let those old memories of Bourbon Street just fade away.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

this was my 2nd visit. I had the chicken and sausage gumbo and fried shrimp. The gumbo was out standing. Nice dark rue, not crazy spicey served fire hot. the shrimp was great. crisp (read fresh) this too was served fire hot. if you are out on the west side of Htown and looking for a nice meal this is the place