“another texas place”

Midway Barbeque
Ranked #8 of 573 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 14, 2012

food was just average for texas style barbeque service was not friendly and I felt as if I didnt belong there - im a black male

1  Thank Eric S

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food here is always good even though the serves don't need to be quite so big! And the home made desserts! I can never say no to those but always have to take them away with me. The staff is friendly, the place is very clean and even though I'm not a fan of taxidermy on every square inch, I have to say, the decorations are unique! We took some overseas visitors last year and they thought it was fantastic. We always consider stopping here on our way out west - just wish they were licensed.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Went for the first time tonight. My daughter wasn't excited about her ribs. My wife thought the barbeue sauce was too "mustardy".
My chicken-fried ribeye was good though and the decorations are unique. Not many places with a too scale wooly mamoth replica. Not for the animal-rights types. A real slice of texas culture. Nice new bright dining room. Cafeteria style.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The brisket is worth the trip. Katy comfort food.
The owner is delightful, the staff friendly and the environment celebrates the oudoors.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

they have awsome BBQ, try the Rib-Eye steak (chicken fried). its a rib-eye steak fixed chicken fried steak style... yum boy!