“A Gem in Katy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food at Davinci is unmatched in West Houston or even at other more renowned restaurants in Houston. The food is matched by a wonderful ambiance and fantastic waitstaff. While the menu is good, the blackboard specials are where it's at. We had mussels in a white wine garlic sauce, zuppa de pesce, tuna over spinach risotto and a fantastic papardelle aragosta - with so much seafood - lobster, shrimp, crabmeat in a creamy tomato sauce. As it was our anniversary, they brought us a complimentary dessert, a cannoli beautifully presented with fresh fruit around the edges. I've never had anything that wasn't delicious at DaVinci's!

2  Thank edwardr801

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We arrived Fri at 5 without reservation and got a table - I missed all the advice of reservations. There were some negatives but our entrees were so superlative, I will go back. It was seafood (lobster, crab & shrimp) in a tomato cream sauce with a wide homemade noodle (papparadelle). It was perfection - and it made 3 meals. Lots of seafood. For the caprese, the tomatoes were not ripe - disappointing. Both tea and coffee are super strong - which I don't like. and the table top wobbled! There was also a strong bleach scent when we arrived. But I still think of that papparadelle - it was that magnificent. Also - you know it has to be good when its in the same location as 2 other Italian restaurants (including Carrabba's).

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Small and intimate with very good food and good service. That equals.....be sure to get a reservation!

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a very small restaurant! If you go on the weekend make sure to call ahead for reservations. Also be prepared they read the entire menu to you every time. The food is above average but not amazing. We went with friends on a Saturday night- after dinner we were visiting and were asked to move to a smaller table to visit because ours needed to be used for another group. So even with reservations don't plan on hanging around!

1  Thank katymamma
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is probably the best little restaurant in Katy. The chef is fabulous and the service has always been excellent. It can be a bit noisy, as it is not a large place, but the food and lovely welcoming staff, make it worth your while. They come around to each customer and go over their specials and the different dishes. You get a good education on the food and they warmly welcome and answer your questions with care and expertise. For the quality of the food, the prices are also incredibly low. You can dine in splendor and not break the bank. The last time I was here, I was celebrating my birthday, and they brought me an exquisite dessert. It not only tasted great but was also just beautiful. My son was in complete awe of the sparklers. I love to eat here whenever I can, and have taken lots of friends here for their birthdays. It is a good idea to make reservations as there is limited space and the tables can fill up quickly, especially on the weekend. If you haven't tried this place, please do, you will not bet disappointed!

2  Thank chynna30